Disk clone locks up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by solent, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solent

solent Registered Member

Using the latest version (downloaded today).

I'm trying to clone a disk, When I select automatic and clock Proceed I see the 'Locking drive x' windows OK but then I get an 'Analyzing Drive C' window with a progress bar but i never get any progress - even after waiting over 30 minutes. The window has no cancel or other buttons to close it and the only way out is with the big red switch.

The drive is a SATA one formatted with three partitions in NTFS format.

Note that checkdisk always locks up on this drive - either within windows or at boot up (hence why I want the data on another disk <g>) and there are occasional problems recognising the drive at boot up - presumably down to the controller, perhaps the drive - but I've only once (in 8 months) had a problem with the disk once booted up (this was the same incident which caused the errors that checkdisk won't fix. I think that may have been caused by my email softwares junk folder exceeding file size limits, so it's not necessarily a hardware issue, but hten again it could have been).

Sorry if I've rambled too much.

Mike

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello solent,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry, you cannot clone disk if there are some errors on it, you should perform a full disk surface scan.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.