Disk burning software with password protection

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Echilis, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Echilis

Echilis Registered Member

Hi everyone, I need to burn some important files on CD/DVD for backup. I want to burn them and make the CD/DVD password protected, so whenever me or someone else insert that disk into a computer they will not be able to see/auto play the content of the disk without password. Is there any good free burning software that can do that. Please need your recommendations.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You can encrypt the files you burn onto the disk. Something like WinRAR or 7-Zip should be installed on nearly every computer, so you can make encrypted archives.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

AxCrypt is good. Encrypt the files/folders before burning them. If some else plays the disk, they'll be able to see the files/folders but won't be able to see the contents without the password.

What I do in some cases is zip folders with 7-Zip and give them an obscure name that I understand but would mean nothing to someone else. Password protect the folder before you zip it and when someone opens the disk they'll just see a zipped folder and won't have any idea what it is. :)

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.