Disk burning software with password protection

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Echilis, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Echilis

Echilis Registered Member

Hi everyone, I need to burn some important files on CD/DVD for backup. I want to burn them and make the CD/DVD password protected, so whenever me or someone else insert that disk into a computer they will not be able to see/auto play the content of the disk without password. Is there any good free burning software that can do that. Please need your recommendations.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

You can encrypt the files you burn onto the disk. Something like WinRAR or 7-Zip should be installed on nearly every computer, so you can make encrypted archives.

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

AxCrypt is good. Encrypt the files/folders before burning them. If some else plays the disk, they'll be able to see the files/folders but won't be able to see the contents without the password.

What I do in some cases is zip folders with 7-Zip and give them an obscure name that I understand but would mean nothing to someone else. Password protect the folder before you zip it and when someone opens the disk they'll just see a zipped folder and won't have any idea what it is. :)

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member