Dish Network to Comcast

Discussion in 'hardware' started by dan323, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

I have had Dish for 7 years. Just a few minor issues until lately when we lost signal during American Idol. My wife was very unhappy. This last week our box has been over heating and we had to shut down and put a fan on it so it cooled off. I also have at&t internet DSL Elite. I usually get 4 meg download sometimes 5 meg. This is normal for At&t DSL.
    Comcast was out with a great deal last week and my wife signed up for Digital Preferred with broadband,(25 meg download). Great price with a land line also,which I don't have now.
    I just called Dish and told them my Wife signed with Comcast and in 4 days (Saturday)they are coming to install cable. I asked if they could match the price or something so I could convince her to stick with what we have. After 6+ years all they could offer was $5.00 off my bill. WOW. I am not impressed. I thought they might do a little better,maybe $10 off,or some free channels,or a upgrade to a higher package with no increase in monthly price.Maybe even not charge for the DVR. Something !
    So now Saturday Comcast will be here. I'll wait to cancel Dish and DSL for a couple days to see how Comcast works. See if their HD and Internet are what they claim. I have 30 days to cancel Comcast with no penalties. Then I'm in for a 2 year contract,which I don't like since at&t and Dish I have no contracts. I was hoping Dish would offer something decent. Maybe they think I was just trying for something for nothing,they will see next week when I call and cancel that this was real.
    I'll update here and let you all know how XFINITY works.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I just dumped Frontier for Comcast after they took over Verizon in this area and tried to replace FiOS TV with Dish. I have had it since February and have been very pleased with it. If your experience with it matches mine you will be happy with the switch. :thumb:

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

dan323, I have been a beta employee for Dish for 8 years now. Your call should have been elevated to a supervisor before you were allowed to cancel. It sounds like you have faulty equipment and this should have been addressed. Not sure what DVR you have but let me PM you a email address for Charlie Ergen the CEO. Please relay your entire story to him and I will include my real name in the PM and you can mentioned I informed you to email him. I will bet you he will make it worth your while to come back.

Ps. Dish really has some nice new equipment coming. A new wireless unit called the Aster that is connected wirelessly to the slingbox in the 922.:)

4. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

Trjam,

Thanks,I just sent the email. I guess I'll now see what happens. I am waiting 1 week before I cancel,just in case I don't like it. I put it in the email that I will be cancelling on June 10th. We will see. I must admit that Xfinity is pretty nice. The internet is much faster then what I had with the other provider and my HD channels are crisp and clear. I really would have stayed with Dish if they just offered to match or come close to Xfinty prices. Even if it was only for a year. It is what it is.After 6 years of loyalty. Feel free to copy and paste and send your own email to them if you like.

5. dan323

dan323 Registered Member

Well I am back to Dish Network. Xfinity was ok. The internet was really fast,like 15 - 30 meg download speeds. I just didn't like the TV part as much as I thought I might. I noticed that the HD channels were really nice but if there was a channel that was not HD it looked a bit fuzzy. I cancelled this morning and they actually took it pretty well. No hard sell points just come back if you don't like Dish one day.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

good to hear.. Mr Ergen is a fine man and Dish really does care. Glad it worked out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.