disgusted

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Rich24681357, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich24681357

Rich24681357 Guest

Unbelievable. I just spent 20 minutes typing my problem. Then it said the name I typed, Rich, is in use by someone else. I clicked on return and returned to this blank screen. I am disgusted. Why don't you settle the new name issue before someone types the problem. Or at least let him return to what he typed. Well, here goes again. If you don't like the name I type in, this was typed for nothing too.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Rich,

I'm truly sorry you had a problem posting. Unfortunately, we did not create this forum software. It is a common package used by many online forums and it clearly does have some issues - losing posts for specific error reasons is one of them.

I know this doesn't help with the lost posting you've already had, but we generally encourage people to compose in some other tools, even Notepad and then copy the post into the forum posting window. If it is lost, you have the original source elsewhere.

See this FAQ: Why did I lose my post?!?!

3. rich24681357

rich24681357 Guest

I apologize for the irritation in my post. I can't get access to my internet, so I'm here in the library. I'm being timed and I was in a hurry. I should have made the suggestion more mildly. Sorry I sounded so mean!

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey Rich! No harm done ;)

Welcome here at Wilders.

I certainly hope that we can help you out with whatever your problem (your initial reason for coming here) is!

edit - I see your problem is being addressed in the other sections, hope it works out :D

5. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Rich, Wilders isn't the only place where this happens: just tonite, at DSLReports Security Forum, I had to re-enter a long and complex post because I got an error message when I clicked Preview, and then couldn't retrieve the info! As LowWaterMark repeatedly advised in his FAQ: Make a backup of your post! By copying to the clipboard, if nothing else; or, as I do otentimes, copying and pasting into Notepad. But unforutnately, sometimes I forget, heheheheh -- fatal mistake! Shucks! Heheehehehehe .. LOL. :D :D :D :D :D

6. zzmel

zzmel Registered Member

You know some of these things happened to me in some other forums. Unfortunately, this one too. Even though my login name which I use for all the forums, I really had no problem registering with my login name. When I tried registering here, it said that I cannot use my name as someone has that name. By gosh. it is me! I do not understand why I cannot use my name that I have used for years. So, I didn't register but I guess I was accepted or I wouldn't be able to write or reply to posts. I certainly could have chosen a different login name but it get more confusing to put numbers after it. I just would rather use zzmel. It has been with me for over 7 years. I would like to mention one more thing. Some time ago, I wrote a rather long message and after I was done, I was reminded that I have exceeded the number of characters that I could type. I couldn't believe that I had to break up the same message into 3 different parts and send it three times. The problem was that it wasn't sent in the correct order so it looked like the message started in the middle ended with the beginning. Now I say that is frustrating. I did it anyway because I was having some real bad problems with my computer. There was another forum that only allowed 1kb. What can you say in that short of a message? The thing is that, it didn't tell me that as I still was typing the message to the very end and then it told me that it is limited. What kind of thing is that. Most of the forums are basically the same format. To mention one more thing and that is I found one forum that told me beforehand that the limit was 100,000 characters. Now that was really nice of them to do that. One other had a count down of the number of characters and you new were you stood. Obviously, everybody has different ideas about what can be done in their forums.

zzmel :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.