Disappointed

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Big Apple, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

After many hours of trying most 2008 AV products, I've come to the conclusion, that there's only one 'great' scanner with all modules integrated, that actually work, without slowdowns and other 'hanging' moments.
    I went back to Nod32 version 2.70.39 as I still own a license.

I even think that version 3.0 is still not what it is supposed to be!

I think most new 2008 scanners/suites are being put on the shelf without proper testing. Example: Avg AV Pro8.0. I've always loved version 7, but the new 8.0 just doesn't perform.....it's terrible!
    I also have a license for Dr.Web and I think the world of this program, but I still want a HTTP scanner built in, which works and therefore I ended up with Nod32 again.......it just flies and you don't notice it's there. Most important for me: No tweaking needed for full performance with all modules active!
    I challenge anyone to offer me a product with the same lightness and possibilities! ;)

2. osip

osip Registered Member

well, Avira Premium is indeed a match up...Also, as in other topic, right now testing Bitdefender IS (newest) and I´m amazed about the performance...Runs so well that I probably will buy it when the trial goes out, will see...

3. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Avira Premium as stated above. I now have a license good thru 2010 I like it so much.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

F-Secure. You won't be disappointed if you have a relatively recent PC (2005 and beyond). :)

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree. Avira works very well, and you just dont get any frustration from it. Price isnt bad either.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i think you have all mis-read his post.

im with Firecat, my vote goes for F-secure as the most 'secure' antivirus that has the features and performance.

7. osip

osip Registered Member

Well, with a decent HIPS there should´nt be a need...And as stated by others Avira PE suite has it...

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yes, the suite has it.

but comparing suites to antivirus in terms of features is just wrong.

9. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folk,

You know the policy. There's no issue with these discussions if you actually bring some content to the discussion. Use this/use that doesn't make it. Thread closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.