Disappointed in AntiVir Version 7.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildman, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRug

FRug Guest

Uhm, the email settings in the config are only for submitting samples via the quarantine manager, not for POP3 scanning. POP3 scanning is included only in the Premium version, and requires absolutely ZERO configuration.

I hope you at least found the "UPDATE" menu item :)

By the way, there is a really nice online help included... F1

2. FRug

FRug Guest

Perhaps, if your testing is so superficial that you don't find main menu items, read the quite good tooltips which explain what options are for what, you should really not touch the product again.

I mean your two complaints were
    -missing manual update
    -your inability to setup pop3 scanning

well, complaint one is wrong and complaint two is not available in the classic version.

You still seem to be too emotional about it for really giving the product another chance, maybe cool down for a while and give it a try in 3 months or half a year or so :)
    Maybe try to stay out of such heated debates during that time, it sure isn't worth getting a heart attack over it.... otherwise whenever the topic comes up again you start getting 'wild' again... emotions should not be a base for judging a security product (apart maybe from oh i like the gui, or oh this looks ugly, or oh i don't feel secure with this product).

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

OK then - thread closed according to all that "let's not get personal" stuff I posted earlier...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.