Disappointed: Customer Support Does Not Provide Support

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by NiteSurfer, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiteSurfer

NiteSurfer Registered Member

Perhaps the Prevx Moderator. can help me out. I've tried using the online option to notify customer support that MyPrevx does not work since the day I signed up for it because I received an error online and cut and pasted the error message. I am using the correct user name and password (PW). In every case when I've used this option, I get a robo-email reply that gives me a new PW and no one is reading my email about the error message (I don't need a new PW).

So I tried emailing them directly at report@prevxresearch.com and got a reply that I am using the correct login ID and PW, but that because I went through their online system for support (like you are instructed to do), I received a new password and to try that out and to not reply to this email but go through the online support again.

So I did as they suggested and I got the error message again. I used the online support and reported it, and I got the stupid robo-email giving me a new PW that I didn't need and ignored my email.

I gave it a few days and no reply from Prevx. In the meantime, I tried again to report it online for support and got the same robo-email with another PW! Every time I get new PW, I try it, but I still get the same error message and I am locked out of MyPrevx and no one seems to care about their customers.

The last email from them told me to "never delete my cookies because that is the problem." I'm sorry, but for security reasons, esp. when going on financial sites (every day), I always clear my cookies and clean my system. If this is what it takes to make Prevx work, then something is wrong and needs to be fixed. They rudely told me to not email them back and to only go through the online support site...that only gives robo-emails and a new PW.

I was tired of getting robo-emails, so I emailed report@prevxresearch.com one last time and told them that ALL of their PW's including my original one do not work, and the same error message is present every time I attempt to log in. I asked them that if the problem was that I could never delete my cookies, which was never disclosed to me prior to purchasing the product, then I wanted my money back since they cannot seem to resolve my current problem since THE DAY I PURCHASED IT. It has been over 4 days now without a reply from them.

As someone who has evaluated customer service for corporations in the past, I rate this as poor. I am willing to dispute this with my credit card company if necessary, but I'd like to work this out with them if I can get any help. What should I do?

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Hello NiteSurfer and welcome to Wilders,

I'm just a normal user like you, not a Prevx moderator, but you've definitely done the right thing by posting here. The support that the Prevx moderators provide on this forum is second to none.

I realise how frustrating this must have been for you but just be patient a little while longer and I'm sure that Joe (AKA PrevxHelp) or one of the other Prevx moderators will be along soon to help solve your problem.

Regards

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    I apologize for your less-than-helpful support experience thus far. I closely monitor the report@prevxresearch.com emails and am aware of your case and we have currently not heard of anyone else with this issue, which is why I suspect it seemed to be related to your cookies.

We never said not to reply back and are more than willing to solve this issue. Our precise response was:

It is generally much easier to go through online support because of the ability to manage your individual support case - report@prevxresearch.com is used primarily for infection reports and isn't recommended for actual tech support.

We had forwarded your email on to try and get it into the actual customer support system, which is probably where the break occurred that caused you to not get another response.

Our login system relies on temporary cookies being passed around which could indeed be broken by cleaning cookies frequently. Is there a specific feature within MyPrevx that you need to use? MyPrevx is an optional addon to the product - no user actually needs to log in to it or manage it as the product maintains everything locally. I've just now tried logging into MyPrevx with your credentials and it worked fine, so I suspect there may be a local issue at hand. Could you please let me know what web browser and operating system you're using?

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused and we are very keen to correct this issue as quickly as possible!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

4. NiteSurfer

Thank you Joe for responding. I have several issues:

1. I still cannot log into My Prevx due to the error message I receive no matter what PW I use (my original or all the others your company has given me). Without scanning my multiple emails onto this forum, they all end with "Please do not reply to this email. To contact Prevx Support please go here: http://info.prevx.com/service.asp" therefore every time I go through the online support I get the robo-email, which does not actually read my problem...which is that I am getting an error message. Instead it was giving me a new PW, which I did not request. I did email report@prevxresearch.com on 12/8/09 but never got a response back, so that is why I posted on this forum for help.

2. I also requested on my second online support attempt that MyPrevx account be deleted, which to this day and to my knowledge, it has not been done. According to your last post, you are telling me that MyPrevx is not needed...correct? So how does one maintain control of one's key if they need to reinstall or know when their license is up? Because of all the problems I've had with MyPrevx, I would prefer to delete it at this point due to the fact that your software encourages the user not delete cookies to enable it to work properly is an unsafe practice in my opinion. I always delete cookies as I explained in my original post for security reasons.

3. If the online Prevx support does not read the email/question, then I would suggest some kind of upgrade to your online support. From a customer point of view and one who has evaluated numerous companies and corporations, you have much room for improvement. I am being kind in my comments, but perhaps you should take this issue to a higher level and this would improve your customer satisfaction and corporate profits.

4. Please see my signature below for my operating system and security features that I have on my machine. The Prevx software itself works fine, but MyPrevx does not.

Thank you and others for responding.

5. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

NS, if you're worried about your browser privacy, I recommend downloading another portable browser you can use as a back-up to log in to specific sites.

See firefox portable: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

And google chrome portable: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

SRWare Iron portable: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

Give any of the above a go - all are portable and can be deleted if they don't suit your needs etc.

6. MaxEntropy

MaxEntropy Registered Member

The following works for me:

From the Prevx homepage www.prevx.com select "Contact Support", which brings you to http://info.prevx.com/service.asp, where you need to type in your email address. If the support system recognises you, it will offer you the chance to type in the password that Prevx Support have emailed you. Otherwise, you just raise a new query. You don't use "My Prevx" for this.

I hope you'll find that the support is actually very good.

7. NiteSurfer

Saraceno: I have entertained the thought of using the suggestions you posted but it was brought to my attention by posters elsewhere that Chrome does not support NoScript at this time. I do have a good firewall and with my combination of AV protection I feel pretty good with my protection, however with today's malware development, you can never be 100% protected as you all know.

MaxEntropy: When I attempt to log on to MyPrevx, the problem is not that it does not recognize me...it does. There is a different problem and I am getting an error message that Joe is aware of, and hopefully this can be resolved or delete MyPrevx account if it is not needed.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

8. PrevxHelp

Hello NiteSurfer,
    I think at this point it would be easiest if we delete your MyPrevx account and then help you manually with any license key changes if needed. You can always communicate with me or one of the other Prevx moderators by private message on here if wanted, which will most likely be the fastest way to reset your license.

Please let me know if I should go and delete your account. You will be notified by the Prevx product when your license is expiring, or you can use the "License Information" page along the left side of Prevx 3.0 to view the information on the duration of your license.

We are still investigating what the problem would be on your PC, but from an anecdotal perspective - I have used Firefox + NoScript here and have not had any problems using MyPrevx or our customer support, which would lead me to believe there is still some underlying issue at hand local to your system.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

9. NiteSurfer

Please delete MyPrevx account.

Question for future issues excluding what has been mentioned above (hoping there won't be any): should I need to go through the online support system again, which of the many PW's do I now use (my orginal)...has this been reset? Or do you suggest I only PM one of you [Prevx mods.] instead? Thank you.

10. PrevxHelp

I'm not sure, honestly - I suspect they will continue to be reset. It would definitely be much more straightforward to go directly through to me or the other Prevx moderators via PM with any license related problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.