Disabling Tray Icon

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by djthedarksider, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djthedarksider

djthedarksider Registered Member

Hi There!

I am evaluating Nod32 for my company right now (trying to switch from Kaspersky ;) ) - everything works fine by now but I am stuck with a little problem.

I need to disable the tray icon for the Users so they dont mess around with the programm itself (in disabling the setting for the users / PW protecting the settings I was allready succsessfull)

This seems the only task to be done by now despite from finding a simple solution to uninstall Kaspersky via remote :)

any help would be greatly apreciated

2. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

The operating system and Browser version is ?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can only remove egui.exe from the run key so that it's not started automatically. However, this will cause users not to receive any notifications or alerts even when a threat is detected (although the threat should be blocked as long as the kernel service is running, but there may be cases when a user interaction is required).

4. djthedarksider

djthedarksider Registered Member

thanks for the quick answers - i think removing the entry from the registry will do the job - do you think there is a possibility to send the reg key for disabling
    via the install Push pkg ? (I´m new to this whole AD stuff as I´m originaly from the Mac side ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.