Disabling nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by balbanebeoulve, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balbanebeoulve

balbanebeoulve Registered Member

Well I was asked to compress a virus...Well I tried to use winrar and I got a message which I was sure because nod32 didn't want me to compress the virus so I disabled it...well I tried again and no success. I checked the processes and the nod32 kernel was still alive so I killed the process tree. I tried once again and the same problem... I can compress anything else so my question is...

How do I turn off NOD32 fully without uninstalling it or disabling it from startup manager and restarting..?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
    -BB.

2. Grendel

Grendel Registered Member

BB---

I pondered this recently while doing some troubleshooting (in a different thread). Killing that running process is one thing to do, disabling from Startup Manager is another. But I found the only way to get it relatively completely unloaded -- I say relatively completely because this worked for my troubleshooting, but may not have killed everything -- is to first disable IMON, then kill the running process, then disable the startup load and reboot.

Just don't leave it like that too long ;) .

%%robert aka Grendel

3. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi balba,

I sent you an IM with more info.

Rgds., :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.