Disable Intel ME by not Using the "First Ram Slot"

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ravenise, Feb 28, 2018.

1. ravenise

ravenise Registered Member

According to the founder of intel me, if do not use the first ram slot, Intel ME will not function and it transfers its software (firmware?) to the bios "flash". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqOlgDhqrh0

2. ravenise

According to the founder of Me_cleaner:

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I wish that reporter asked him if it can be disabled and why not? I would really like to hear his answer.
    He also admits that they sell mostly to corporate customers, so if we (end users) really think that they care about our security, we got our answer right there.
    I also loved: "Isn't there like a little hacker software inside a motherboard? Well actually it is..." That really made me laugh :)

4. ravenise

Yeah they admit it openly that its a hacker tool; And how "the implications are frighting" if it were compromised. The thing is, only "corporate" users have the ability to control it and turn on and off its remote features. For 99.99999% of the planet, its turned on by default. The OEM manufacturers are given the "keys" to control it along with the NSA who made a deal with Intel from the get-go to give them they keys to switch it off. It is enabled and functioning by default on every intel pc built since 2006. Intel Me is the greatest computer security threat that has ever existed; Unless they've designed something worse that we're not aware of just yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.