disable error message when not connected to the internet for updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by phancock, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phancock

phancock Registered Member

I have a user who has a laptop running NOD32 and she is not always connected to the internet, her updates are set for automatic which is the way I would like it but she gets errors when she first starts the machine telling her NOD32 could not update (which is a given because she is offline) Is there a way in the settings somewhere to disablethe message from popping up?

2. covaro

covaro Registered Member

You can enable Silent Mode under NOD32 System Setup -> Setup -> Enable Silent Mode. Also if you change her to a dial-up connection in the Update -> Advanced setting it should stop it from trying to update unless it detects a internet connection.

-Cov

3. phancock

phancock Registered Member

I will try the dialup setting you suggested

not sure how to to get to the "silent mode" you are talking about?

I looked everywhere, there is no NOD32 System Setup -> Setup -> Enable Silent Mode?

I already have installed it, is this something during setup?

If the dialup will work I will just use that

4. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Under the Control Center, if you go to NOD32 System Tools -> NOD32 System Setup -> Click Setup -> And then Enable Silent Mode it will turn off any notifications that do not require user interaction. Hence Silent Mode. Note: It does turn off the bubble notices about updates being installed.

-Cov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.