disable AV to install programs

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by 4now, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4now

4now Registered Member

Hi

I commonly disable my AV when installing important software so there isn't any interference. In NAV I just clicked the icon in the system tray - disable--install program--then enable. In the case of Nod32- what should I do.

2. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Ive never had a problem when installing using NOD32.
    Ive only ever disabled to install graphics driver, offline.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Nod doesn't seem to interfere with installs.

You can click the tray icon and hit quit if you so desire.

4. 4now

4now Registered Member

...do I just then reload control centre or do I need to restart my computer?

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Either. Some programs call for a restart. I always restart after installing software. Old habits are hard to break. :)

6. 4now

4now Registered Member

ok thanks

while testing something out I unloaded IMON. When i re-enabled IMON there was something like a warning "for full security restart.."

I just discovered on a forum here that it is recommended to only 'uncheck' next to 'IMON enabled' if you only wish to temporarily disable it.

but you're right -- I'm with you -- I probably would be restarting my computer anyway.

7. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Out of all the installs I have performed (programs, drivers, etc.. a few thousand or more), not once have I had to hinder NOD32 in any way since version 1.

Works great that way in a corporate environment. ;)

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Same here...

Cheers :D

9. Shaman

Shaman Guest

NOD32 DO have problem for some installs :
    To upgrade Warcraft 3 via internet on Blizzard's server Battle.net, if amon is not deactivated, the installer failed to overwrite war3.exe.

No other problems noticed...

10. Alec

Alec Registered Member

I never disable NOD32 during installs either, and I have never really had any problems. Although, since the topic did come up I thought I would relay my experience from yesterday which was the first install related problem I had encountered. I should have probably known better because it was a driver level piece of software, but I was in sort of a hurry.

Anyway, I was installing the latest WinPcap packet capture driver for use with Ethereal and another program and during the shutdown prior to a reboot... I encountered a bluescreen. Here is the message I received:
    I haven't had any problems since then, though, so I don't think it was any fundamental incompatibilities with the packet capture driver. Rather, I think it was just some temporary instability caused by the install itself. Anyway, that is the only problem I have ever encountered while leaving NOD32 on during an install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.