Disable "Automatically detect HTTP ..."

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JimF, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimF

JimF Registered Member

My browser (currently FireFox 2.0.0.3) sometimes does not complete the loading of a page when I have set IMON to Enable HTTP checking. So I sometimes disable it entirely. But I have found that simply disabling "Automatically detect HTTP communications on other ports" seems to solve most of these problems, and is now my preferred setting. I am on NOD32 2.70.32 and WinXP, but it has been a long-standing problem with earlier versions of NOD also.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Please , enable that option (check "Automatically detect HTTP communications on other ports") and try these instead :

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista only

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) and Mozilla Firefox (firefox.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

;)

3. JimF

JimF Registered Member

Thanks. That may not be necessary. It appears that turning off pipelining in Firefox also solves the problem, at least for the moment. Normally I have pipelining turned on, but that is not the default setting, and does not seem to agree with IMON's automatically detecting HTTP very well. So by turning pipelining off, I may be able to retain IMON's high efficiency mode. We will see how it goes.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey again .

Thanks for letting me know .

In all cases , the above suggestion can only help and can't broke anything so doing it will make things only better ;)

HiTech_boy :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.