Disable "Automatically detect HTTP ..."

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JimF, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimF

JimF Registered Member

My browser (currently FireFox 2.0.0.3) sometimes does not complete the loading of a page when I have set IMON to Enable HTTP checking. So I sometimes disable it entirely. But I have found that simply disabling "Automatically detect HTTP communications on other ports" seems to solve most of these problems, and is now my preferred setting. I am on NOD32 2.70.32 and WinXP, but it has been a long-standing problem with earlier versions of NOD also.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Please , enable that option (check "Automatically detect HTTP communications on other ports") and try these instead :

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista only

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) and Mozilla Firefox (firefox.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

;)

3. JimF

JimF Registered Member

Thanks. That may not be necessary. It appears that turning off pipelining in Firefox also solves the problem, at least for the moment. Normally I have pipelining turned on, but that is not the default setting, and does not seem to agree with IMON's automatically detecting HTTP very well. So by turning pipelining off, I may be able to retain IMON's high efficiency mode. We will see how it goes.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey again .

Thanks for letting me know .

In all cases , the above suggestion can only help and can't broke anything so doing it will make things only better ;)

HiTech_boy :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.