disable antivirus and spyware from command line

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mook, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mook

mook Registered Member

Hi,

I wonder if there's an option to disable the antivirus from a batch file or script.
    When clicking on the tasktray icon I can click on setup -> temporarily disable antivirus and spyware protection.
    I'd like to do this from a script during a backup.
    The reason is that I have a very tight time frame to backup a whole lot of small files and nod32 is increasing the time needed from 9 hours to 13 hours.

I used to use McAfee where I just stopped the service but that ain't possible with nod32.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark.

2. guest

guest Guest

You can do it but its not built in. I have "Scan on File open" unchecked on my file server because backups were taking 1.5 hours longer.

Symantec had an option... "Do not scan on backup" wish ESET could do the same.

3. mook

mook Registered Member

but when I disable the on file open, will it then still scan files that are being accessed from client computers?
    On my clients I have the "network drives" disabled because opening excel sheets and word docs takes forever.
    I figured it's not a problem because when the client accesses a file on the server it will scan it anyway on the file open event...

4. guest

guest Guest

Right, you'll need either scan on open on the server or scan network drives on the client.

I have both disabled, files don't just spontaneously turn into viruses, anything incoming would be caught by the scan on create option.

5. mook

mook Registered Member

OK, I'll give that a go.
    This evening I'll let it run normally so that tomorrow I can have a run with on file open disabled.

Thanks,
    Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.