Directory hangs during resize on W98SE

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by byg7668, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byg7668

byg7668 Registered Member

Director hangs during resize on W98SE

I have an old laptop running Win98SE. I'm trying to use Disk Directory Suite 9.0 (I don't know the build) to expand the C: drive and shrink the D: drive so that I can fit Windows XP. When I click the button to commit the changes, it said that it needed to reboot and I said OK. It rebooted, the Win98 logo screen flashed on and then the screen went blank. That was an hour ago and nothing seems to be happening. What can I do? Are my partitions toast?

Update: I powered the laptop down and rebooted. It can start up in safe mode but if I try a normal boot, it again hangs. (This is very similar to a problem that I've had with another PC using both True Image and Drive Cleanser where the reboot hung before or after the Starting Acronis Loader message appeared.) In Safe Mode when I try to start Disk Director it gives me the message "E000101F4: Acronis Disk Directory Suite has not found any hard disk drives." Using Windows Explorer (which can see the disk drives) and looking at the version information on DiskDirectory.exe, I see a build number 9.0.0.524. Unfortunately I cannot run your diagnostic tool on the laptop as it has no network or floppy or memory key access to bring the report file so that I can send it to you. The laptop is a 3 year old Toshiba Tecra8000.

Where do I remove the repartition attempt from the startup tasks so that I can get back in in normal mode?

Brian Bygland

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Director hangs during resize on W98SE

Hello Brian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Could you please create Acronis Disk Director Suite bootable CD, boot the computer with it and repartition the drive in the way you need? Also please run our report utility under Windows (it can be run in Safe mode) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. byg7668

byg7668 Registered Member

Thank you. I downloaded the latest Disk Director build (53:cool: and build an bootable CD. Using that I was able to resize the partitions on the offending laptop. On reboot it still hung when it tried to access the original queued Disk Director resize request. I rebooted into Safe Mode and uninstalled Disk Director and rebooted successfully.

Thank you again,
    Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.