Directery tree via XP Folders View

Discussion in 'Test Forum' started by GroverH, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

The next closest substitute might the Folders viewing option within Windows Explorer

Along the top of Windows Explorer Menu, click on the View option
    Under View, Click the Explorer Bar option
    Under the Explorer Bar option, click Folders option
    This should cause a Folders option button to appear on the middle toolbar.

The Folders button has two positions--which I describe as inset or outset. The inset position is when the button is active and the tree appears. The outset position is when the button is in-active or not engaged and no directory tree appears along the left margin.

Click on the Folders button to make it active (inset) which should cause a directory tree to appear along left margin. Whichever folder (directory) you highlight will cause the contents of that folder to appear in the right pane of the Explorer Window. Sample below:
    folder-view-all.gif

2. sicher

sicher Registered Member

Hi Grovy,

what's the go for this little exercise? How did you get the screen-shots in here and what's the use of seeing those folders?

TIA

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

On the Acronis product forum, one of the posters lamented the loss of the directory tree from Dos. I thought this might be a possible alternative so I posted the images here rather than contaminate the support thread. I thought a link to this would be better than posting a non-relative image to that partitcular thread.

After I had posted in the test forum, I then realized the posting really belonged in the Image Gallery forum.

Not sure your question on
    . The uploading of attachments is a standard feature of this forum--or did I misunderstand your questions?

I used a screen capture program (Fastone Capture) to capture the original screen shots. Then I used a photo editing program (Ulead PhotoImpact) to edit/enhance/merge/crop/compress the image into a small 62K gif image. Uploaded to the this forum as an attachment.

ps:The editing could have been done with several of the free programs--such as PhotoFiltre.

Bubba's How to on Image Posting
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=356726#post356726

Another attachment link in my signature below.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.