Differential backup to DVD problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stiffwin, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiffwin

stiffwin Registered Member

Hi guys,
    I'm using TI Workstation 9.1 build 3854. The file size of my differential backup was virtually identical to my full backup. The differential backup was performed immediately after the full backup - no defrag or any other computer activity was performed. My full backup was named Toshtest, and resulted in 2 files on 2 DVDs named 'Toshtest1.tib' (4.37 Gb) and 'Toshtest2.tib' (3.86Gb). The differential backup also resulted in 2 files on 2 DVDs named 'Toshtest21.tib' (4.37 Gb) and 'Toshtest22.tib' (3.87 Gb). I purchased 2 licences for a business client as part of their security strategy, expecting to be able to perform a monthly full backup of their PCs, followed by weekday differentials that reflected the relatively small amount of use their PCs are subjected to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  2. stiffwin

Can anybody help with this issue?

3. stiffwin

Anybody?

4. stiffwin

Disappointing to get no response from either Acronis Tech Support or forum members

5. spiekey

spiekey Registered Member

Acronis is a great product, although the support really sucks.
    Even when you write to the acronis support team directly.

Must just have just one trainee sitting there answering all the mails. :(

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Okay ... I'll take a stab at it.
    Perhaps the fact that you did the Diff. right after the Full may have confused TI. Nothing surprises me about TI anymore .... it will falter at the slightest hint of a "curve ball".
    So if you must do Diffs, try doing one a day after you do the Full. And make a small change after the Full - like adding a file to your desktop.
    And be sure to test a Restore, using the bootable Rescue CD, to a spare hard drive to make sure it works.

7. stiffwin

Thanks guys - will try your suggestions Ralphie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.