Differential Backup through Paragon Backup and Recovery 10.1

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by drtapas, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drtapas

drtapas Registered Member

"Error: hard Disk Management. Error code: 0x200a9" - This is the error message when I am attempting to do a Differential Backup through Paragon Backup and Recovery 10.1. Google search suggested to enable Microsoft Volume Shadow copy service and to run it automatically. It did not helped.

Please advice. Thanks.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Have there been changes to the current partition(s) as opposed to the original partition that was backed up? I believe it's seeing your full backup and the current system as two too different.

I would suggest perform another full backup of your current system, and immediately perform a differential backup to see if it accepts the full backup.

Also, if the full backup is successful, then the problem is not with Microsoft VSS, but the archive that it's comparing the current system with.

3. drtapas

drtapas Registered Member

Thanks Paragon_Tommy for your suggestion. I shall try them and let you know.

Yes, you are right on both points.
    I most probably made changes in the partition structures after doing the full backup.

A fresh full backup has been successfully followed by a differential backup now. However, I wonder what data the differential backup files contain as no changes was made in the system between the creation of these two backups.

So, one should not make any change in the partition structure of the drive before attempting differential backup with Paragon. Is there any such other restriction? Any HowTo on Differential Bachup?

Paragon Free is unique among the free Backup tools providing differential backup - a very useful feature. Is there any other such freeware?

Thank you very much. With best wishes.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.