Different Packaging

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WWS, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Using WindowsXP home SP2.
    As far as general use of NOD32, would it be best to purchase the "Retail" package or save some money and
    buy the "OEM" package.
    Do both have the same support, updates/upgrades, maintenance contract renewals for a year.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Both purchased programs offer the exact same support, updates/upgrades, maintenance contract renewals for a year.

BFG

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , generally YES , but you've got to provide some more information about this Retail and OEM versions because I have no idea what you are talking about . ;)

4. WWS

WWS Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  5. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Actually, I have bought *both*. The only difference, that I was able to determine, is the retail version came in a full-blown retail box with a nice "DVD-size" case and an installation guide. The OEM version came in a small, printed CD jacket (just like the one in the pic on the Newegg site). One other thing was that the retail boxed product was still v2.5 while the OEM was v2.7 (updated both to the latest build so that didn't matter much).

So, I'd say save money and buy the OEM version unless, of course, you want a nice oversize case that would look cool next to your collection of DVDs. :D

6. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

This is from ESET's site:

So, there should be no difference in funcionality, but I would still like to see an official reply.

Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.