difference bewteen trial version and full

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Hurricanetracker, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

And some other questions ( pertaining to the full version ) :

- What happens after the 30-day trial expires ?? Does TDS become completely useles ??

- What EXTRA features are present in the fully purchased version? Opposed to the demo or trial version .

- I have two computers in my home , do I need to purchase two licenses -one for each ) to install TDS on these ??

- in the trial version it says I need to download latest signatures even though I installed the very latest version from the site , is this a DEMO/trial thing ??

I have loads of stuff running in my systray ( going to list this in a se ) , is anything known about any conflicts between TDS and these apps ??

- Kerio personal firewall
    - MS Anti Spyware
    -Spybot S&D
    - Spyguard
    -Spywareblaster
    -AVG 7 PRO

The only thing missing seems to be a good anti trojan program and this seems to be the works - but I'd like the questions answered prior to deciding whether or not to purchase .Also : Does TDS work with a yearly sunscription fee ( or will the new TDS 4 ) or is the purchasing pricce "all-in "

Like this forum, by the way .

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

Hurricantracker,

Welcome to Wilders!

To answer your questions, check out the post here by FanJ to answer some of your questions.

On signatures - they are constantly being updated, it's best to verify the one's you're working with are current.

TDS-3 licenses are for a single PC. Yep, as you thought, two PCs need two licenses.

I only run some of the apps that you list, however I don't recall conflicts with any program listed - or systematic issues with any application period.

Whoops - missed you last question - right now TDS is not subscription, and I am unsure whether future positioning (one time vs subscription) has been finalized yet.

Blue

3. Hurricanetracker

Thanks , Blue

Decide to purchase anyway - a good anti trojan program is pretty much vital these days ( although antivirus programs claim to protect against trojans this is NOT the case in my experience ) .

I purchased the one system-license ( I can always decide to purchase an extra license later on anyway - or my brother , it's for his system :) )

As for the subscription vs. one time -purchase - I think everyone prefers the latter ( even if it means you have to pay a bit extra ) . I find those one year subscription schemes to be tedious at best . BUt we will probably find out when version 4 appears .

One more thing : I discovered a small glitch . When you alter something in settings , TDS says it needs to reload . I'm getting a non-responsive console at unload though . Is this a know issue ??

I have to click "end program now " to get rid of it and restart manually .

small issue though.

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

I'm sure you'll soon discover that you now own the definitive "industrial strength" AT - it's a very nice diagnostic package in addition to the AT functionality.

On the glitch - if I replicate what you're doing, say by a random change of any of the item in the Configuration dialog box, I obtain a proper unloading and restart of TDS-3 without issue. Not sure why you're seeing different behavior.

Blue

5. Hurricanetracker

Forgot to mention REGRUN suite gold in my list of installed applications - a fantastic program as well . I recently began installing all kinds of "security-related " software due to a very vicious VX2 -infection . I don't care what anyone says : that malware behaves like a virus or trojan - altering system settings , attaching dll's to vital system-components etc. - in short : that's not spyware - it's a virus .Got rid of it in the end ( safe one particular DLL which is just sitting there and not doing anything as far as I can tell ) , but it appraised me of the fact you simply can't have "too much "protection when you have a DSL- connection and are online all the time .

You can see the entire thread on VX2 - problem here . I have appraised botht the folks at REGRUN ( Greatis ) and the folks making wintasks pro of this particular dll's danger and regrun has it in its database now-listed as dangerous .

http://computercops.biz/postt95672.html

Several folks on security forums are studying this as it could be a new variant of VX2 which is far more persistent . As I understand it TDS recognizes VX2 and all known variations on it ( in effect classifying it as a trojan ) ?? Well: this could be a new variation on the VX2 theme :)

6. Hurricanetracker

seems it could be afalse alarm though . Latest info is suggesting this file is part of Directory Opus ( a windows explorer replacement)

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi HurricaneTracker,
    I can see two more tools that would help you. ProcessGuard will protect your processes, prevent .dll injection and not allow changed or new executables to run + lots more: http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/
    Then add Port Explorer to monitor exactly what is being sent and received on your machine:
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/

HTH Pilli :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.