difference between prevx3 and safeonline

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by vonvon, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vonvon

vonvon Registered Member

Hello,

I use prevx 3 since more of one year (and I used prevx1 long, long time ago).
    My question is perhaps stupid but I don't undestand the difference between downloading prevx3 or Safeonline.
    Is it only a light GUI difference or more ?

Best regards from France, Vonvon

2. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

lol, something ive wondered too.

im sure im running just the Prevx one, yet i have safeonline licence, and my safeonline is on my browser, all protected.

maybe i should check the other.

maybe the other is Just SafeOnline, not actually prevx 3.0, just the browser add-on protection?

3. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

Check your security status. If you got all the check marks you got the full meal deal.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The only differences between the Prevx 3 download and the SafeOnline download is the GUI and the install process. The SafeOnline download will use an inverted install process - loading protection immediately after the install starts and then running a silent learning scan while the Prevx 3 download runs the normal scan first and then loads protection. This is to streamline the process for banks and other financial institutions looking to make it a seamless process for their end users to be protected by Prevx.

However, indeed the two downloads from our public website are identical at a technical level and you will receive an equivalent level of protection from each when using the full/registered versions. The actual functionality depends on the features selected and purchased by the customer or established as part of an agreement between Prevx and a SafeOnline partner such as a a bank or ecommerce business that is making SafeOnline part of its online transaction security.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  5. PC__Gamer

just for curiousity sake, what are the GUI changes between the 2 if the products are the same protection? :)

6. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

safeonline has a blue colour gui......

Attached Files:

7. PC__Gamer

ok, that one isnt that good.

think i will stick to the other that says Prevx 3.0 :)

8. vonvon

vonvon Registered Member

Thank you for the response,

I though the two (?) softwares where the same, but now, I'm sure.

I write very few on this forum but I read you every couple of days and I think you are the future of security softwares.

Just mist a off-line reasonable security, not a absolute (!?) one - other anti virus assure it - It's necessary for laptop and flash drives.

Just a thing ... good product, but expensive (I bought 5 full licenses :'( ) and I hope you make a rebate for renewal ..?.?

Best regards ... Continue.

Vonvon

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Prevx has proven in the past to take care of their customers, unlike some. Prevx and SafeOnline are the best and from this day forward, all the heck I will recomend.

Sorry Joe, the blind lead the blind, in my case. It is nice to be back home with a vendor who does care about their customers.:thumb:

10. PrevxHelp

Indeed - we will be adding additional scanning when the user is offline either later in Prevx 3.0 or definitely into Prevx 4.0.

There is a rebate on renewal - it depends on your license size but you won't have to pay the full price again :)

11. PrevxHelp

Glad to have you here! :)

12. SMPRICESOLUTIONS

SMPRICESOLUTIONS Registered Member

I think it would me a great idea if this was posted on a FAQ page somwhere on the Prevx web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.