Difference Between "Incremental Backup" and "Incremental File Backup" + Some Errors.

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by an2tex, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an2tex

an2tex Registered Member

I can not make an incremental backup - it says:

"You've Already Created An Increment To A Specified Archive. The Program Enables To Create An Increment Only To The Latest Archive In A Backup Chain. Please Choose The Latest Increment To Accomplish The Operation."

But I did not create an increment - how can I delete the record that points I created an incremental archive?

But ... It allows me to create an "Incremental File Backup" . Would this create any problem when I restore to a formatted Partition.

And - in an external drive, when I try to backup with an incremental, it says: "The wizard did not find any objects that can be used to make a differential backup"

I learnt that this is because I repartitioned the drive. But is there any way to make incremental backup with a repartitioned drive? It is not so good to have some limitation although it might have some technical reasons. Why would I limit myself to a partition structure? What if I have a larger HDD and resize my partitions to a larger size?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

In that case, you won't be able to add an inceremental to a base image of what was in effect a different partition.

You would have to do a full image after a change like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.