Difference between Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Bitdefender Windows 8 Sec

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darts

darts Registered Member

What is the dirfence between Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Bitdefender windows 8 securtiy and witch of the 2 is the lightest?

2. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Re: Dirfence between Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Bitdefender Windows 8 Sec

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security is only for Windows 8 with the Metro UI.

3. darts

darts Registered Member

Re: Dirfence between Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and Bitdefender Windows 8 Sec

But am i better off with the security suite or the windows 8 suite?

4. Sher

Sher Registered Member

I don't think that there is any difference in functionality or security except for the UI. If I were you, I would have chosen the latter.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Windows 8 security is equivalent to BitDefender Internet Security, but has some features specific to Windows 8 and an interface optimized for Metro UI. It's your call which one you want to use. Windows 8 Security includes Early Launch Anti-Malware support which is a Windows 8 feature that loads antimalware drivers and processes before any malicious program can launch.

6. darts

darts Registered Member

The "latter"?

7. darts

darts Registered Member

But is there any difrence in detection? Or safety?

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

A bit. Not much. Windows 8 Security has Early Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) support, which is a feature in Windows 8 that allows BD to load it's drivers and processes before any other program or process.

Detection rate should be the same though.

9. Sher

Sher Registered Member

No difference in protection.

10. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

Any big differences in potection between BD AV Plus and BD IS? I'm tempted by the 1 user 1 yr licence on another thread for BD AV Plus...... but note that it's BDIS that seems to get the accolades from testing orgs and many (but not all) users.......

11. Sher

Sher Registered Member

The BIS will offer you more security with its firewall.

12. silverfox99

Ah yes, a decent FW to stop nasties 'phoning home'? Forgot bout that, Merci Sher.

13. Sher

Sher Registered Member

For me, the windows firewall is more than enough.

14. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I'd go with BIS simply because you can choose any OS you want and you're not tied to the horrendous Windows 8

15. silverfox99

Still on Vista SP2 here (fully patched/updated) along with about 0.05% of computer users worldwide! An endangered species. Money is tight so not updating OS at mo. Seems to be about half the price to update to Win8 rather than Win7 at the mo.

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

they are essentially the same thing minus the early load thing. i have tested both with the same malware samples and detection was the same with either.

17. darts

darts Registered Member

Thank you for you're answer

18. zfactor

your welcome! unless you want the early load and the newer interface you would be just fine with the bis instead. i will bet the next versions will be going the way of the newer interface though it seems thats the way almost everyone is headed to be fully styled after "metro". i liked the interface better in the windows 8 version over bis personally but i still prefer windows 7 over win 8.. lol

19. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I've installed BitDefender Windows 8 Security. It has a firewall also.
    It's a little bit lighter on the system then Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and loads faster.

20. rinem

rinem Registered Member

Good to know thanks.

21. anon

anon Registered Member

Bitdefender Windows 8 Security =

22. zfactor

lol on the second one. and early start up and "security info" both part of the start up yet they say they are different.. did not see any kind of notices or anything from any proactive app scanner personally when testing so not sure how that works.

23. anon

anon Registered Member

..... Windows 8 start up.
    ---->
    ------------
    Understanding Early Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) technology in Windows 8
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/earlylaunch-antimalware-elam-technology-windows-8

24. zfactor

?? i said earlier it has the windows start up feature... not sure what you mean. i was strictly speaking of the third one app scanner where your post stated it informs you of apps and if they are compromised. the rest i agreed with. i tested it and saw no info from db on any apps that were compromised.. otherwise we agree. the second one is just fancy wording honestly...i know what elam is and how it works. but i have tested both on win 8 with over 3,000 samples and used the same for each and there was zero detection differences between them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.