DiamondCS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Has anyone heard anything? Is Wayne out of business? I am still using ProcessGuard and WormGuard. Neither has been updated in some time and I am wondering how much longer they will be effective. I know the forums here were closed and archived in December due to a lack of response to questions from DiamondCS. If DiamondCS is no more at least it can be reported and users of their products can move on to something else. Diamond's website is still there but it has not been updated. I sent an E-Mail through the online link to contact them, but there was no response. Can Gavin or Jason say anything?

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't think it would be appropriate for either of them to comment either way. Your only option is to assume there will be no further updates, and decide if the products as they currently exist suit your needs. If so continue using them, if not then move on.

Pete

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I've always felt fairly unemotional about their withdrawal of TDS (mind you I never had it on my system), but at least there was an announcement.

Suddenly vanishing in thin air without a word is to say the least a commercial suicide if they ever think of reappearing again one day even with a convincing reason.

I like PG, I'm using it, and still think it is a great program, but I will never ever deal with them again.

4. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Oh wow, I did't even notice that their forums were taken down.

And now they are not responsive?

What about all the new products coming out?

That puts a new spin on the TDS fiasco.

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Who knows, maybe they won the lottery...

6. ftwynne59

ftwynne59 Registered Member

Dont worry...there just around the corner :cautious:

Tez

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Tez - I hope you are correct.

8. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Process Guard is a HIPS so, until bugs/vulnerabilities are found or new ways to drop/install malware in a system are discovered, it will be efective.

9. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I am still using it, but how will we know if at some future date the program is rendered less effective or totally useless by hackers.

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

The hard way: You get infected. But I doubt it will ever happen as we all have layered defenses. I'm still pondering if it is redundant or not as I always run my computer in a virtual environment.

As a matter of fact even though I have the paid version I run it with just about everything disabled except for execution protection, its in built protection against terminating other security programs, and its 'Secure Message Handling'.

11. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Yes I have a multi-layer defense. I have always liked ProcessGuard though. I am just sorry to see it apparently go the way of TDS-3.

12. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I do'nt think I have a double vision, but truly this is what I just saw. I browsed into downloads.com and run into Process Guard's new posting. These are the info: date added: Feb.08,2007 NEW! ver.3.41
    license: free; limitations:No; What heck is going on? Is it a rebirth of PG? or just reposting on part of web site. Worth of further exploring?

13. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

14. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Download.com must be WAY behind in updating their software offerings. :rolleyes: I noticed that some listed programs on Softpedia.com are older versions of programs. What that means is that you should go directly to the source to get a current copy of a particular program. Many of the software collection websites don't get updated timely and sometimes it will take years for new versions to get posted. :gack:

15. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've even seen times that they've posted new version notices in a timely manner, but with older versions of the software.

16. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Would seem the "latest" version, at least from what I have installed on my tower is 3.405 This was d\l right from the home site on a fully lic. version.

17. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

18. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

:thumb: Thank You for the heads-up and the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.