Diamond CS port explorer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ellison64, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Looking through my old cd disks ive found a mail from diamond cs (i purchased it in nov 2002) containing my port.pkf file ,and also a notepad file with my unlock code in.The problem is i need the full port explorer version to input my keyfile and unlock code in as the trial wont accept it?.Does anyone know of a site that hosts the full PE version for download?
    tia
    ellison

2. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

As far as i remember, there was a change for portexplorer in how this activation wa handeled. I think, that they didn't use the port.pkf file anymore since a certain version. At this time, one was able to get a new license key in members area. The same was the case with ProcessGuard.

However, i don't have a .pkf file in my PortExplorer folder. I only had to paste my serial number, which is about 250 characters or so.

Which version did you try to install?

Regarding the difference between the trial version and the full version: I think they changed also this at some time. In the past the full version was only available from the former members area, but later you had to generate a new serial number, which could be pasted into the trial version to unlock the full version. So, if you only have your old .pkf file and not this very long serial number you maybe lost. Members area isn't available anymore.

Note: i purchased PortExplorer from the new DCS-Site some month ago. They only send me a serial number, no .pkf file.

3. ellison64

I guess you are right .I searched for a full version of PE and found a link on a torrent site.That version was 2.150,but it also contained a serial as you indicated.It works but im not really happy using this as its registered to someone else ,and especially as i purchased it myself ,and have the relevant unlock code and serial.I guess i need to find an earlier full version that would accept the unlock code ,and that would accept my .pkf key.The version i need would have been issued around nov 2002 ,which is when i purchased.
    ellison

4. SYS 64738

Yes, the latest version was 2.150. I have also some older versions around here, 2.000 or 2.050, i'll look also, if i have some older versions, but ist will take some time to do that.
    If so, i'll contact you via PM, if this will be ok for you.

5. ellison64

Thanks...that is most appreciated.Its a shame dcs didnt try and continue developing PE as its still probably the best utility of its kind around.The " new " dcs site seems to have disappeared too unless its my browser?
    ellison

6. SYS 64738

Yes, it seems to be down also :thumbd:

BTW, i found an old version together with my port.pkf from 2003. You'll receive PM...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.