Dialer question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by notageek, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Well this stems from Me being out at my brother in laws house for a couple days this week fixing his little problems. Now he has a dialer on his computer. I don't what kind it is but his phone bill came and it was high in calls to amsterdam and other places. He don't know anyone in them places. (yes this is the same brother in law who got the computer and said he didn't need to be protected.) Anyway, What is a good program that will detect dialers not only for him but I'm going use it also? I know McAfee don't really detect dialers good. I know some AT's do but for my brother in law I would for it to be cheap or free (he spent a lot already on this computer and he's only had it for a few months). Thank you.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

check mcaffe's dialer detection at the link. it is fairly impressive.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

3. notageek

Yeah but my brother in law is using Avast as his AV. I know that Spybot finds some dialers and so does Adware. I sent him the links to Spyware blaster and spyware guard and when He install them this dialer got past. I haven't had a chance to go and look at his computer today (he got it this morning). I need to spend a little time with my wife and kids. :) Anyway back on Spybot and adawre. I think spybot is a little to harsh for him to use. I notice the updates sometimes don't work good. I did send him Adaware link today He install and updated it and ran it but it found nothing. I'm trying to keep it simple for him being that I'm not there to help him.

Thanks BigC.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi notageek ;)

This is what i use,

http://spyware.pcwash.com/dialer-killer.html

very affective IMHO. :)

snowbound

5. notageek

Thanks Snowbound. I sent the link to him and told him if he needs help let me know. Oh yeah I sent my brother in law to download the free trial of TH. He's downloading the latest update. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.