Dialer.agent.d problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by adynak, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adynak

adynak Registered Member

Since yesterday whenever I start IE or Firefox Nod32 notifies me there's a variant of the dialer.agent.d malaware created by iexplore.exe (or firefox.exe, depending on which program I use to access the web) in the documents&settings folder.
    I ran a deep scan of the system with both Nod32 and Spybot, but they found nothing.
    The file is created every time I access the web and deleting them from the quaranteen folder doesn't help at all :(
    Is there a way to solve this problem ?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! You may have something not detected by NOD32 , I am not sure .

Open Control Center and click on Update -> Update now to ensure your NOD32 is up to date.

Make sure your settings are the same as this tutorial.

Open Control Center -> NOD32 -> Run NOD32 and perforum full Scan&Clean over your hard drives . NOD32 will take care of all threats found :)

If you have problems deleting them in Normal mode , boot in Safe Mode and then perform full scan there .
    You can also use Ewido Micro for second opinion.

If the problem still persists , don't hesitate to contact ESET Tech Support for futher and deeper help:thumb:

3. deimos

deimos Registered Member

Most likely you have downloader virus that is not detected by NOD (however it's downloaded payload is, at least one). There are forums that assist in such cases using program called HijackThis (for example: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html) , but it is not allowed here. Maybe you should contact eset support?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Any system protected by a registered copy of NOD32 will be looked at with priority by all support offices around the world, this is ESET's policy.

Please follow the steps already provided by HiTech_boy and let us know the results.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.