diabologum: custom blocking list? Not explained...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by diabologum, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diabologum

diabologum Guest

Re: How to add custom CLSID's to block with SpywareBlaster

*** The BHO list has been removed because it is likely that some will not read the posts below, and might still try to use it as a Custom Blocking List in SpywareBlaster ***

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2004
  2. Xaq

Xaq Registered Member

My House, it's on that street with the thing
    Thats alot of CLSIDs. I'm not sure there all spyware though because when I checked them and clicked enable protection a warning message popped up and said: WARNING: The loeded custom blocking list contains the following CLSIDs that you probably should not or do not want to block!

{4A368E80-174F-4872-0B27DDD11DB2} - Spyware Gaurd Download Protection CLSID

I'll wait to see what others say before enabeling all protection.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

While I appreciate the list guest has posted....would appreciate the where abouts from whence it came ?

They are not all spyware related and should not be added.

For example:
    [0]
    Name= ? BHO XPLIEUCG.DLL
    CLSID={A1A70944-467A-4080-8BB0-13F0B2069F45}
    [1]
    Name= L BHO _MWOLTB.DLL
    CLSID={5ADA9CAC-04F9-4DD2-ABFD-74D673BE8624}

Listed BHO's are tagged X for certified spyware/foistware, or other malware, L for legitimate items, O for 'open to debate' and ? for BHOs of unknown status.

4. dak

dak Registered Member

Those aren't all spyware. There's a lot of legitimate CLSIDs listed, indicated by the status letter "L".

That list should NOT be used, as is.

--
    dak

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  5. dak

dak Registered Member

That's not a custom blocking list, that's a complete BHO list someone has formatted as a SpywareBlaster Custom Blocking List.

It should NOT be used, as is, under any circumstances.

The layout looks familiar...I think that's from either sysinfo's or computercops' mirror of Tony Klein's BHO list....

Bubba, I would like to suggest that post be removed.

--
    dak

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey dak,

As I explained in my post and you re-itterated in yours....there are some L=Legitimate entries in that list and I would hope those reading these responses will take note. I'll also add a link below for those un-familar with BHO's(Browser Helper Objects)....that will explain that there are some L=Legitimate uses for such Internet Explorer addons.

This link---> What is a Browser Helper Object?

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thanks for looking into that list and explaining what it was guys!

I decided to remove the contents just so no one mistakenly comes along and uses it as a custom blocking list. (They might not have read the replies below it because it was so lengthy, or for other reasons and misunderstandings.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.