[Devs] Exited mid-operation. How do I clear any flags or operation statuses on a disk?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by ChazZeromus, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChazZeromus

ChazZeromus Registered Member

Hello, I would like to know how paragon marks hard disks to indicate pending operations, because I seem to have exited paragon mid operation during a partition resize. Because of this, every time I start paragon partition manager, I cannot advance to the normal manager as the program prompts me that I need continue my previous operations. If I click "no", it then says a hard disk IO error occured on the disk it was trying to read. Then it asks whether to ignore the error, if I do ignore the error, the program crashes in the module "hdm.dll".

The problem is I began using the filesystem as it after exiting mid-operation on accident, so now the previous ext4 partition that was being resized no longer exists, which is fine.

So this is a question for the developers since I can't really find the solution anywhere else on the net, googling the keywords in the error doesn't bring any relevant results.

If a developer does comes across this, or anyone else who has had it before (I hope they will), here's the crash info:
    Code:

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	launcher.exe_Paragon System Utilities
      Application Version:	10.0.17.13146
      Application Timestamp:	4d8bef0c
      Fault Module Name:	hdm.dll
      Fault Module Version:	10.0.17.13146
      Fault Module Timestamp:	4d8be79b
      Exception Code:	c0000005
      Exception Offset:	00096dda
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	0a9e
      Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3:	0a9e
      Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Have you attempted to use the Recovery CD to attempt to complete the interrupted operation? If not please attempt that.

3. ChazZeromus

Well that's the thing, I don't want to complete it. After I interrupted the operation, the partition I was resizing disappeared. So I used gpart on linux to expand an ntfs partition on the same disk. After doing this, and occupying the partition with nearly 80% of space which dwarfed what the disappeared partition was.

So you can see what I'm getting at here, I already have numerous programs installed. It wasn't until recently I found out I couldn't run Paragon to resize another one of my disks. Surely there has to be some utility out there to clear the operational status?

4. ChazZeromus

5. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Use the recovery CD, update the partition boot record and then the master boot record and let me know if you are still receiving the message

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.