Device is Busy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BChat, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I am using TI 10 Home. I have done 4 backups to a DVD. I just attempted the fifth and got Error E00040010, Device is Busy. I know the burner is not busy and the DVD is not full. I used this same DVD, burner, and procedure to do the previous 4 back ups. I don't know is how to correct this situation. Any suggestions?
    Happy Holidays to all - BChat

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Go to > Task Manager > Processes

Check if Windows has terminated the relevant process. If you see that the process is still running terminate it manually and try again.

If that does not work then Restart.

3. BChat

BChat Registered Member

Thanks - will do
    BChat

4. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I checked all running processes and rebooted - no luck.
    I did a backup on 12/21, same burner, same DVD - no issues.
    I can backup to C drive (files on X drive) - no issues.
    I can burn backup from C to F (DVD burner) - no issues
    I still get the --device busy-- when I try to backup directly to F
    you gotta love computers - you really do;-)
    Vista should be fun.......................

5. ldkamb

ldkamb Registered Member

BCchat,

I had the same error although I am running TI 9.0. I did a CTRL ALT DEL and clicked on processes. Lo and behold, there were 2 Roxio applications running. It might be any CD burning application, Nero, etc. These had a priority over my CD drive as they were loaded at startup. I ended their running and retried Acronis. No error and I now have my bootable CD. Worth looking at.

6. BChat

BChat Registered Member

The only Roxio process running was Drag to Disk. I stopped it - no luck. Thanks for the suggestion..................the search continues;-)

I have used versions 8, 9, and 10 up until the last few days without any problems at all. I am a big fan of ATI.

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Normally drag to disk would be the problem. It might be worth actually disabling it in Services.msc and rebooting and see if the problem remains.

If it does, then what other behind the scebes software is running? Things like, malware detectors, registry trackers, firewalls etc.

Colin

8. BChat

BChat Registered Member

Colin,

What gets me is nothing changed, that I am aware of, when the problem started. I even got it to work OK 1 out of 6 tries earlier. I have no idea what allowed it to work that 1 time. I am going to play with it until I find the culprit. In the mean time I backup files from X to C then to DVD with Roxio, not the worst thing that can happen. In fact I read somewhere that some thought this was the best way to do it - so I will, BUT - I'll try and track down what other info I can.........................................

9. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I think I found the problem:

Tools - Options - Default Backup Options - Media Components - General Tab

Place Acronis One-Click Restore on Media

When this is checked, the ''device busy'' error occurs when backing up to a DVD. It does not happen when backing up to another internal HD. I haven't been able to find anything about "One Click Restore" in HELP and will look further - after having morning coffee ;-)

I remember I checking this box several days ago - starting the problem - I don't remember why I did it.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BChat,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please reproduce the issue and create cdrecord.log file the way described in this previous post of mine?

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.