Device Doctor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgfalconboy, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Kim Komando had this program as a recomendation. I installed it and did a scan and it found a supposed crapload of drivers for stuff on my system. Anyone have any thoughts on the program. Would like to get some viewpoints before I download any drivers with this.

devicedoctorwindow.png

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

being Dell all applicable drivers (or vast majority) will be on their site. Is it listing/counting multiple entries for some (as shows partly for the mouse on screen shot)? 80 is to many, I think.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Good. It offered me an updated driver for my virtual IDE Controller from DaemonTools... Alas the driver downloaded was for integrated Intel video cards. :D

I can't exclude that some of the findings might valid, but there's ton of false positives (out of those 80 devices you've posted, about 2/3 would be covered by generic chipset drivers) and plain misidentification such as above.

4. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Yeah, there is 9 instances of HID compliant mouse and a crapload of Toshiba BT Port listings. 1 for ATA Storage controllers, 1 for SD Host Controller , 1 for AC adpater(??) and 1 for the keyboard. A couple of "Unknown Devices" as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.