Device Doctor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgfalconboy, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Kim Komando had this program as a recomendation. I installed it and did a scan and it found a supposed crapload of drivers for stuff on my system. Anyone have any thoughts on the program. Would like to get some viewpoints before I download any drivers with this.

devicedoctorwindow.png

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

being Dell all applicable drivers (or vast majority) will be on their site. Is it listing/counting multiple entries for some (as shows partly for the mouse on screen shot)? 80 is to many, I think.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Good. It offered me an updated driver for my virtual IDE Controller from DaemonTools... Alas the driver downloaded was for integrated Intel video cards. :D

I can't exclude that some of the findings might valid, but there's ton of false positives (out of those 80 devices you've posted, about 2/3 would be covered by generic chipset drivers) and plain misidentification such as above.

4. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Yeah, there is 9 instances of HID compliant mouse and a crapload of Toshiba BT Port listings. 1 for ATA Storage controllers, 1 for SD Host Controller , 1 for AC adpater(??) and 1 for the keyboard. A couple of "Unknown Devices" as well.