Detection of our software by Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Tony.D., Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony.D.

Tony.D. Registered Member

WHY Trojan Zlob?

Why not? Why do you detect our software product as Trojan? Product does not include ANY trojan, EULA is displayed on the very first page of install wizzard. All samples and other info are in my email.
    Also see PM on this board.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Re: WHY Trojan Zlob?

well, let's suppose MyDoom has an EULA also."This file will damage your computer." Is it right to detect it or not?

and btw, there are about 8 new variants not detected by NOD32. :(

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi Tony.D.,

I will make no discussion of the software you speak of and what it does or does not do...
    However I would like to mention that something that is a TrojanDownloader is not itself a Trojan, but is involved in the downloading, creation or installation of a Trojan among other things - the two are very different.

Cheers :)

4. Tony.D.

Have you seen a software I am talking about? I have sent all the details to NOD32 team and I am waiting for their reply. Software has EULA wich CLEARLY states what will be done. Installation/downloading process is clear visible to user. And I dont think that adware applications damage user's PC. Moreover he can unistall them. So what is wrong with that software?

5. NOD32 user

Are you asking me for my personal subjective opinion?

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

There. You yourself have stated that the product is adware. And Anti-Virus programs detect adware and spyware as well.

EDIT: Besides, it is the user's choice whether he wants to take the detection seriously or ignore it. Whats wrong with that? :p

7. Tony.D.

NOD32 detects our product as "Trojan". There is no trojan in our software. This situation effects our reputation. We would never bring this up if NOD32 would detect the software as adware or non-virus.

8. NOD32 user

I though you said it was detected as "TrojanDownloader" - perhaps I misunderstood something....

Cheers :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  9. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Thanks god it does, since you never had one. YOUR PUPOSE IS TO INSTALL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ADWARE/SPYWARE. End of discussion. And thanks for being so stupid to reply here that reminds me to include our new detection today.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It is best that this matter be handled in a private matter between programmer and Eset. Having said that.....I will take the liberty to close this thread now.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.