Detecting hidden cameras and bugs in an age of snooping, inexpensively.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Morthawt, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morthawt

Morthawt Registered Member

For many years I have been aware of technology that uses special laser LED and special tinted/polorized view windows to be able to detect cameras but they were always prohibitively expensive (in my opinion). But about a week ago I did some research on the topic after seeing a news story of some students staying in a US apartment complex and finding cameras spying on them. There are cheap chinese "knock-off" versions of these expensive devices that you can find on sites like dx.com. So I found one on ebay somewhere for under £8 delivered to me and I made a video on it.

Click here for the video.

One other nice thing about this, aside from the optical detection of lenses, is the fact it has a signal detector from 1Mhz to 6500Mhz, making it far better than my little old detector that went from 100Mhz to 2400Mhz. So I thought I would share this since the cost has come down to make them accessible to everyone wanting to check their home, hotel rooms, changing rooms in clothing stores etc. I have included a dx.com link on the video description that does a search for the model number. There are 3 identical models on there with slightly different prices.

Hope other people find this as interesting as I did. In my opinion with as many voyeurs and unscrupulous people as there are spying on defenceless people, everyone should have one of these, if they are travelling at least.

2. Morthawt

Morthawt Registered Member

Does anyone else have any thoughts to share about this technology?

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Nope, I find it very interesting and will look into it, but so far I don't know enough about it to contribute anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.