Detected TCP Flooding Attack

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by clanging, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clanging

clanging Registered Member

I'm using ESET Smart Security 5.0.95.0. Recently I began getting the redundant warning "Detected TCP Flooding Attack". The only change I have made in the configuration of my computer was to install "Motorola Media Link" in order to sync my Motorola Atrix 2 Android based smart phone. I have been watching the olympics online over the past two weeks. I wonder if either of these activities could be the culprit? I do note that the warning message will show up when the computer is idle, suggesting that it is not due to either of these. The warning also lists my computers IP address as the "remote IP address". I have reviewed the logs and all of the sources and all of the targets are my IP address followed by a : and five digits. This suggests to me that this issue exists within my own network and is not an attack from outside. My network includes a Lynksys E4200 Wireless N router, cable modem, Synology 211J RAID drive, Solo IoSafe Mirror Drive, another desk top computer, a wireless laptop, two android devices, Two Xbox 360's and a Panasonic Viera TV. If this issues is of no danger to my system is there anyway to turn the warning off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. clanging

clanging Registered Member

I have placed my networks IP address range and subnet in the the trusted zone as described in the link you posted. Unfortunately that did not alleviate the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Locate the zone 'Addresses excluded from active protection (IDS)' and add your subnet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.