Detected ARP cache poisoning attack

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Brian May, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian May

Brian May Registered Member

Hello,

I keep getting this error. Unfortunately the error message does not give details as to what packets are causing the problem, and we get that many ARP packets on the our network that it is not possible to identify which packets based on the wireshark log and timestamps.

I was in contact with ESET Europe, via a ESET Australia technical support. And they told me how to obtain a log of the packets that were rejected by the firewall. Unfortunately this is in a binary format I don't recognize, wireshark won't read it, and I can't see how to parse it myself.

ESET Europe also said I should try the latest beta version of the firewall module they were working on and that I should try that instead. Unfortunately, the Australian contact failed to pass on the latest module that I should try, and discussions have since deteriorated into a flame war about... I am not entirely sure.... Maybe posting style.

I also tried contacting US technical support, however they refused to help on the grounds that Australia Support was handling the case at the time.

It would save a lot of hassle if I could talk to the contact in Europe directly, but unfortunately I don't have his email address. Only his first name.

Any ideas?

Brian May

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.