Desktops real time monitoring

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by davidlynch, Jan 18, 2018.

1. davidlynch

davidlynch Registered Member

Hello,

We are looking for a good software for desktop monitoring, as company management demands to see what employees are doing in real time. We need to view on a large screen the thumbnails of a large group of desktops, from which we would choose one to see in full screen.

Environment is Windows Server 2008 with Windows 7 as terminals, and it would be perfect if open source.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. davidlynch

To this date, I was only able to find Veyon, which is aimed at classrooms.

Any suggestions?

3. __Nikopol

__Nikopol Registered Member

Is that really necessary? I remember having a camera in my back while working: It was very stressing. Not recommended.
    If it's a trust-issue you should just pay them more.

4. davidlynch

Not for surveillance purposes, but for team supervision. Everyone has to keep the same pace, issues should be solved before they arise, and so on.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Agreed. Not a place that I would want to work. I've been tasked with this before. Fortunately we didn't find anything that worked without slowing everything to a crawl due to the amount of bandwidth it used. Unfortunately as technology increases this kind of micromanagement will become commonplace. I hope I retire before that day comes.

6. davidlynch

Not our decision, but management's. We are just the IT guys.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Understood, same here. Good luck in finding what you need because you have to. Can't help you though. We couldn't find anything that worked without bringing everything to a crawl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.