Desktop Notification appear on center of screen, not lower-right hand corner

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nanana1, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

This happens suddenly. How to fix this o_O

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi, do this happend everytime or only now?

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

It just happened on its own and setting the menu to default does not help either. Anyone else sees this o_O

4. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

what's EAV version you using?
    this bug seen in early build's
    if you are using v3.0.642 this must be your VGA problem
    please screenshort the desktop screen if you still see Desktop Notification appear on center of screen

5. Bill Artman

Bill Artman Registered Member

I am using the latest version 3 of NOD32 AV and when the notification appeared on the screen one time in the middle of the screen before it went away I clicked on the notification and did a drag into the lower right screen corner.

Maybe that would work for you too.

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

I have had the "center of the screen" problem happen to me. In my case, I believe it may have been caused because I was playing a game that uses a lower resolution than the normal desktop resolution, and I may have been doing an Alt-Tab just as the NOD32 message was popping up. Even after I quit playing the game, the message stayed in that location. It was bottom of the corner for the game resolution, but for the regular desktop, it appeared to be middle of the screen.

My solution ended up being just like Bill Artman's: just drag the notification box to wherever you want it the next time it pops up. If you cannot wait, go into the NOD32 setup --> User Interface --> Alerts and Notifications --> Configure Notifications --> Preview. Drag the box that appears for the Preview, then hit OK.

7. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I realize this is sort of an old thread, but I was wondering whether the OP ever managed to get this straightened out.

I'm having the same issue; the desktop notifications appear pretty much center screen and nothing I've tried (including the suggestions herein) have worked to get them where they're supposed to be (bottom right).

Strange thing is I have another, somewhat similarly configured, machine and the notifications appear at the bottom right. The only major differences is one machine is running XP Pro (SP3) with a VGA connection while the other (with the notification issue) is running MCE 2k5 (SP3) with a DVI connection.

Both are running EAV 3.0.657, latest video (and other) drivers, etc.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried uninstalling EAV, removing the HCU\Software\ESET and HKLM\Software\ESET keys (the position values are stored there), and reinstalling EAV?

9. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Thanks, Marcos! :)

But I have to admit that, since I was going to follow your advice and uninstall, I figured I'd just try doing a little reg editing first and it worked!

I found some keys that are related to desktop notification placement under the reg entry that you mentioned - HCU\Software\Eset\Eset Security\CurrentVersion\Client - deleted them and it worked instantly.....didn't even have to reboot. I rebooted anyway and everything appears to be functioning as intended.

Thanks again! :D

10. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Thank you. I am seeing issues to. I'd previously disabled the user notifications via the RA and now I want them back. But these settings are not applying across my 600 PC's all the same. Guess Nod32 only updates these settings HkCU for the currently signed in (if any) user.

I've done what you said and deleted the keys. They came back with defaults, eventually. I guess I'll use Zenworks to push these settings.

Thanks! I've struggled with this one.

11. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

Mine is like that but as it's on Vista and kind of see through it doesn't really bother me that much, it just fades in then out again after a few seconds so I don't see the need to alter it.

At least I know that the program is being updated which is more important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.