Desktop Background

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DaveU, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveU

DaveU Registered Member

I hope it's OK to post a general problem here.

There are four users on our PC. My wife chose one of Microsoft's standard background - AZUL. She just shown me a minor glitch that she's had since day one.
    It's a white (ie no colour) oblong, approx 2.5 cm tall by 0.5 cm wide. It's about 13 cms from the right-hand side of the screen and 8 cm from the top. If you hover on it, it grows 50% longer and twice as wide, but only for a few seconds.

Whichever background display I choose, and also whichever position (stretch - tile - centre . . . back to that virus again ), the oblong is still there in the same place.

It's only happening on her profile. Has anyone any idea what's causing it and how I should sort it, please? It's not a mega issue - she's not bothered - but it intrigues me!

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i don't know what's making that happen, but you could try changing your theme and setting no wallpaper, maybe even move the icons to see if it's something to do with one of them. or try using a none MS wallpaper, here's a nice site for wallpaper -
    http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/index.php?sort=date

3. DaveU

DaveU Registered Member

Thanks for that. I tried it but the problem's still there.

I realise now that I should have been clearer when I first posted. The problem only occurs on my wife's desktop - there are no dead/missing pixels on any other screen. I've tried removing all of the icons and also changing the image but no good! It's weird.!!!

Someone suggested this site:

http://XXXlabnol.blogspot.com/2006/04/lcd-dead-pixels-test-check-and-repair.html

but as the test ran on the IE screen, not the desktop, nothing showed up.

PS Some sites insist that you insert XXX (or whatever) to stop links being made from that site. Is that the situation here please?

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Nice site indeed. :thumb:
    Thanks for the link iceni60. :D

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i don't think it's hardware so it's probably just a conflict with something that's running. you could try running the task manager and clicking on the CPU column then hovering your mouse over the spot to see if a program uses more CPU resources as it changes size lol :D

or you can try closing programs one at a time to see if it goes away when one is closed. i don't know what else to say o_O

you can paste normal links here without adding x's. if you are going to add x's to make the link unclickable normally the two T's are replaced with 2 x's so the url isn't obfuscated like this hxxp.wilderssecurity.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.