Deploy & Maintenance for School

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by compuniac, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. compuniac

compuniac Registered Member

Hello,
    I have following scenario and wonder if Acronis tools can help. I have been playing around withe the demos but have encountered more questions than answers.

The school has anywhere from 2-300 laptops and maybe the same number of desktops. Let's say that the population can be covered with 10 standard images.

The tools should be able to:
    1. Restore the image from a secure zone. As far as I can see the current SZ has the following problems in a school environment:
    a. prompts the user at every boot. It should be suppressed to not encourage anybody to actually enter the SZ
    b. the full functionality of SZ is available. That is not a desired option. It should only provide the option to restore the master images after appropriate pasword and warnings.

2. New PCs arrive all the time and assuming they will utilize the current images. It appears that the licensing management is a nightmare if all new PC is assigned a licence number. That wil take a significant amount of time if 100 new PCs arrive. Am I undertstadning this correctly.

3. Assuming 10 different images I want to be able to overnight to refresh the population so the systems are 'fresh' for the next morning of class. Can this be configured so it can be done by a push of a button? Will I get a detailed report on success/failures?

I have tried to peruse the available docs but have not found answers (that I understand).

These are probably just the first set of questions and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You may choose not to activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and use Acronis Bootable CD instead. You may also activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager using Acronis Bootable CD. You cannot limit the functionality of Acronis Secure Zone. If you don't need some options you may just not use them.

Concerning licensing I would recommned that you contact sales@acronis.com concerning this issue. They will be able to find a solution for you.

To deploy the image you need to boot the computer with Acronis Bootable CD and choose the "Restore Image" wizard. There is no other variant.

It seems that Acronis Snap Deploy is better solution for you and you may wish to have a look at it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.