Demo version won't add partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Gburton, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gburton

Gburton Guest

I just downloaded the demo version. If it works, I will definitely buy it; but so far it doesn't work.
    I tried to add a partition, but I got stalled when I tried to free up some space. I got to the "Increase Free Space" wizard, but when I got to the "select partition" section my partition selection was greyed out so I couldn't select it.
    Is this because it doesn't work on my computer, or is it because that feature is disabled in the demo version? I couldn't find anything in either the help file or the readme file that explains what is disabled in the demo version. If it's disabled, how can I prove that it works before I buy it?

I am using a Compaq Presarion 2210 running Win XP SP2. I have 512 Mb memory and a 40 Gb drive.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gburton,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Cloning and System Transferring Software.

Could you please clarify your actions in Increase Free Space Wizard? You should perfom the following:
    - Run Increase Free Space Wizard
    - Then select your partition you want to increase and press the "Next" button
    - In the next window you should choose the partition to take the free space from. Please also note that the partition (selected in the second step) will be grey in this window.

If the problem remains please create screenshots of your actions in Increase Free Space Wizard and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.