demo dont talk with Win2k :(

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by technium, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technium

technium Registered Member

Any help or advice appreciated. ive seen help for Winxp but my OS is Win2k, please help

Thanks in advance

Technium

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi technium,
    do you mean TDS doesn't run at all on your win2000 or you mean the speech part from TDS?
    What is first necessary is to make sure your system is msagent ready, as the speech technology is part of that.
    www.microsoft.com/msagent
    You can check easily if your system has msagent parts installed if in the windows directory is a folder msagent\chars
    If that is not there, on the site download everything from the speech engines and if you like to use the agents too install everything from that site, the msagent.exe to steer the agents, the languages you like as text-to-speech engines and the voice recognition engine, as well at the bottom the speech panel and runtimes for sapi4 (the spchapi.exe which is that part might ship with TDS already, only need to install it)
    If all this is installed default, and TDS restarted, it should recognize these runtimes and speak to you --test your name, or type in the bottom of the console something like
    speak "hello world!"
    and if all went well it should speak.
    Hope this works for you too.
    the only complication with XP is that it ships standard with the sapi5 speech engine which needs to be disabled temporary for the sapi4 to function.
    If you on your win2000 have a speech recognition for instance in office 2003 you will se in the speech control most probably a sapi5 engine too which has to be disabled in the same way but in other cases, standard, there is no speech installed.

Please tell us if this helps or that we have to look for more solutions with you!

3. technium

Ok thanks for looking mate.

I have it running in Win2k and it all works fine, it says that its meant to say hello Technium when it starts but i dont hear anything, i do the beep tests and all is fine, I do the voice test and hear nothing. I type speak "hello world" in the bottom of the console and I hear nothing. I have the MSagent folder in my Winnt directory and withing that I have all the Chars, genie etc so not sure whats going wrong, any ideas??

Thanks again

T

4. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Hi technium :).

Did you download and install the text-to-speech engine and the sapi4 runtime support?.... from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads/user.asp#tts

If not, then try it.........and then type in "hello world" this is what solved my problems.

Regards,
    Jade.

5. technium

yep downloading all of them and still doesnt work, it loads up and then has tds "hello technium" but hear nothing, and the test voice i hear nothing either :( but I hear stuff when I do the beep tests.

any more suggestions?

thanks T

6. Bowserman

Have you tried moving the slider up/down in numbers in the attached image where I have highlighted in red, and then re-tested?

Regards,
    Jade.

Attached Files:

7. technium

Wuhu it works!!! thanks man, but only numbers 1, 2 or 3 and it sounds so Steve Hawkins, any ideas how to make it sound more human nowo_O

Thanks man!!!

T

8. Bowserman

GREAT STUFF technium :D.

Only numbers 1,2 and 3 eh......if you for example downloaded and installed the American text-to-speech engine, then download and install the Brittish one as well (or vice-versa). That should give you a few more speech options ;).

I have those 2 installed and get from number 1-12 available :).

Regards,
    Jade.

9. technium

ok, done that and now have numbers 1 - 13 wuhu :)

but still sound abit dodgy, whats those chars for in MSagent, like Genie etc, and how do I make them about more human, or is that only in the full product?

Also when it starts up it still says nothing even though the screen says tds "hello technium" and the box is ticked for greeting etc, it just loads up and does a scan but says nothing. voice only works in test mode and if I type speak "hello world"

thanks again for all your help it is appreciated.

T

10. Bowserman

Have you ticked where I have highlighted in this image?.....if so, and the greeting on startup of TDS is still not working, then I don't have a clue :D.

As for the Agents, I'll leave that to Jooske........she's the MSAgent Queen ;).

Regards,
    Jade.

Attached Files:

11. technium

Thanks Jade you have been a big help really!! I did have that ticked though so not sure why its not working, could be because its going straight into scan mode but not sure.

thanks again

T

12. technium

Ok got the speech to work at startup, I just restarted the machine and hey presto, now to sort out the boring steve hawkins style voice.......Jooske can you helpo_O?

Thanks again

T

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi again,
    really grateful for your screenshots Jade!
    I ever installed the whole big 40mb sapi4 sdk so have 20 voices :)
    But that has the whole voice dictation and lots more included, which you might not need, so the 7835 d/l is big enough if you already took the voice recognition engine too for the agents; it has more voices.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d13964c-06fd-4bf9-b49c-814faa6a86ea&displaylang=en

The bottom 828 spchapi you had already, which are the sapi4 runtimes.

For the msagent.exe core elements:
    make sure if you for instance take a TTS for french, you also need the french 128kb core (on top) for french and so each language you install.
    I tell you this, as you might like in the samples page over there at the msagent site to try out Merlin and Robby each in a different language.
    And it's fun the peedy pizza ordering service with the voice recognition -- more or less possible to build some parts of that in TDS but i did not see the mini pizzas coming from my cd-player.
    http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/dev/code/html.asp

I surfed in the meantime on this nonXP-users page with setup instructions, which might help extra
    http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/support/user/tts3000deploy.asp and might be valid for a little look just as a check, not that i think you need it now, but in case you have users installed and they need privileges.......

In TDS scripts is one you can play as a demo with Genie telling you all about his InnerPeace which you can run on an evaluation TDS too.
    In the forum we posted more of that funstuff, singing the Land Down Yunder and some jokes and lots more.
    Besides real serious security related scripts, of course.
    Of course we don't forget TDS is a security tool in the first place, but it is so nice to keep the fun in place too.

All agents you have? are you sure? www.agentry.net ...
    For the scripts we try to make them all with Genie so people don't have to d/l all different agents which they might never use again. That is have some 300 (wild guess) i would never force others to have all of those.....and some are really hard to get.

If the voices are still not what you want .. .. your speakers?
    For the beep the windows system sound system is used, for speech and music your soundcard, that's why the one worked and the other not.

BTW: i use voice 10 which for me is almost the deep older Merlin voice. Ever changed it to another voice and TDS felt so uncomfortable and different for me, i didn't like it and was happy when i found my good old deep quiet voice back.
    He's the only one who really pronounces my name almost correct, be it that he makes an ieeeeeeee in the end where it should be the "e" from "the"

BTW2: i just am digging more on the samples pages and just discovered it is possible to run the msagents with the sapi5 engines so also the speech applications, but it requires some lot of extra programming for the developers, while the users need of course that new sapi5 then. It could end all the confusion with those different engines! http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/dev/code/dotnet.asp

14. technium

ok got the 4 agents including genie off the Microsoft site, so where can I get the scripts your refering too from, maybe the one with jokes or something, that will use the genie voice or one of the other 3? also downloaded the full proggy you suggested which was 40mb so what now??

Thanks for looking jooske

Technium

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download
    If you look on this page for the TDs download and more to the bottom is the "scipts" pack which can be installed.
    In the evaluation TDS version you can only play some of the very tiny little scripts (till 5kb) so the Usersubmitted> Jooske>InnerPeace.ss3 you can run.
    In TDS > SS3 > Load Script > find the just inzipped Scripts > UserSubmitted>Jooske>InnerPeace.ss3 and double click it so Genie should start his tale.
    Jade created a very nice one too which is in the TDS private licensed operators area.
    Once the software is registered there is no limit to the size of the scripts you want to play or edit yourself and to use the big Screx script among others.

The larger sapi4 SDK should add more voices to your TDS to chose from, including Mary, but i keep it to the voice mentioned.
    That big SDK has also other functions you don't use with TDS but with a microphone you can train your computer to understand spoken commands and dictation; it has a large explanation. There are many applications with msagents on internet where you need part of that functionallity anyway (look for example at www.e-clips.com.au for the desktopwizard) but i ever created a very perimitive version for a desktophelper script to run from TDS (part of the big CokeMachine script, available from Andreas(W)'s site via the private forum.

Hope you can run the scripts and the voices sound more natural now!

16. technium

Well im getting there, the script worked and I had the charecter show up and talk but his voice was still like steven hawkins, and not the same as what I had set in the configuration menu, why is that??

Thanks T

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Good that you got it working!
    True, the characters each have their own voices; in the script (you can open it in the editor or drag it to notepad to edit it) you can change Genie for Peedy or Merlin if you like, just to try and hear the voice differences.

With this little script you can hear the differences in voices from the system engine you chose for TDS in the configuration, and the character speaking:
    Copy the part between the lines in notepad, mind the wrapped lines and put the next line after & back there and that "console" back to behind the line above, save as Hellotest.ss3 in the scriptsfolder, and load it.
    ======================================
    '//******************************************//
    '//Hellotest.ss3 Little test script created by Jooske to //
    '//demonstrate the difference between basic voice in //
    '//TDS and a msagent character. Uses MS msagent //
    '//technology, msagent character Genie, all (c) MS and //
    '//TDS (c)(tm) DCS. To be played from TDS console. //
    '//Modify at wish. Have fun with it! //
    '//******************************************//

speak "Hello Technium!"
    Msgbox "This is a VBS script running"

Call MSAgentForm.LoadMSAgent("Genie", SysVar("sys.windowsdirectory") & "\msagent\chars\Genie.acs")
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Show"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "MoveTo", "200", "200", "1000"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Hello " & CStr(TDSUserName) & "!!"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "To unload me completely type Hide in the console."
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Bye bye !!"

Sub hide
    MSAgent.Characters.UnLoad "Genie"
    End Sub
    =====================================

You should see a messagebox show up while TDS speaks the first text, at the press of the OK button Genie shows up with his little speech, after typing hide in the console he is unloaded again.
    Change the characters for others you have and hear the differences. The InnerPeace script would make you too hungry to run that for so many tests :)

BTW: you will find a lot of gems and tips in Blazey's personal scripting thread here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=10402

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.