Dell Vostro 200 - SATA drive not seen

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scotbiday, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotbiday

scotbiday Registered Member

I've been trying to test a recovery on a brand new Dell Vostro 200 slim desktop computer. No matter what I do, when I boot in Full mode, I get a E000101F4 error message stating no drives were seen. I've tried the quiet acpi=off noapic option and it still does not see the single SATA drive in Full mode.

When I boot into Safe Mode, I can see the SATA drive, but I can't restore the image on the same partition (not a suprprise since there is only 1 physical disk). I also have a bootable rescue CD with the .tib image on that same DVD, but safe mode doesn't see the CDRW/DVD drive.

I don't recall the other post I read somewhere, but it was stated that the ICH8 or something chipset wasn't supported.

I'm running Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1.3887. We are trying to make sure we can recover our companies desktops easily.

Here is some more system information:

Motherboard:
    CPU Type DualCore , 1600 MHz (8 x 200)
    Motherboard Name Unknown
    Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake G31/G33
    System Memory 1013 MB
    BIOS Type Award (09/14/07)

Display:
    Video Adapter Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
    3D Accelerator Intel Bearlake
    Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (KU31173L1FKM)
    Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (KU31173L1FKM)

Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter Realtek ALC888 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:
    IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH9 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926
    IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH9 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920
    Disk Drive WDC WD1600AAJS-75PSA0 (149 GB, IDE)
    Optical Drive HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCCH10N
    SMART Hard Disks Status OK

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scotbiday,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. scotbiday

The Dell Vostro 200 that was ordered does not have a floppy drive. Can a USB flash drive be used to write out the sysinfo.txt file?

4. Acronis Support

Hello scotbiday,

Please use the instructions in this previous post to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. scotbiday

We are still in the trial phases, however I have submitted the sysinfo.txt file and hopefully it will be looked into.
    Would it help to post my sysinfo.txt file here?

Thanks!

6. scotbiday

Before I had heard back from Acronis support, I built a BartPE image (I had to include the Dell Network drivers in order to browse a networked system that had the image on it. I also burned a DVD with the .tib image on it as well).

That worked successfully and Acronis support also supplied me with a working Rescue CD. It looks like I'm good to go!

Thanks!

7. antzpantz

antzpantz Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm having exactly the same problems with scotbiday (Dell Vostro 200s and registered versions of Acronis True Image), although I need help getting BartPE to detect my network port.

I've created an Acronis Bootable CD and it does what scotbiday has said- does not detect hard drives in Full mode, only in Safe mode. And in both modes, the network ports are not detectable.

Can anyone help me?

8. Acronis Support

Hello antzpantz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that if you use an older version of Acronis True Image (version 8.0 or lower) you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD for example does not have any selection screen).

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.