dell support assist

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by topo, Jun 22, 2017.

1. topo

topo Registered Member

i have 3yr old dell desktop win764bit. i just noticed the dell support assist icon on my desktop. i did not install this. add/remove in control panel shows it was installed today. any other dell users seeing this? thanks

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Are you sure it was not already installed (with no desktop icon), and perhaps it automatically updated to the latest version?

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I have specific manufacturer support software installed on my PCs. On my desktop PC, I have installed HP Assistant - since mine is an HP PC.

4. Lockdown

Lockdown Registered Member

What other Dell utilities do you have installed on the system besides Dell Support Assistant ?

5. topo

topo Registered Member

i had been getting popup notifications on bottom right about dell support assist but i just ignored them and it would go away. just wondered why i never got a uac prompt. before icon was put on desktop.thanks

6. Lockdown

Lockdown Registered Member

If your Dell system came preinstalled with Support Assistant and you never clean installed the OS, then it was installed on your system and did not know about it.

Dell ships Support Assistant on many, but not all of its systems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.