Dell Restore Notebook Reboot Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dfa_geko, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfa_geko

dfa_geko Registered Member

Hi!

I just got a new Dell Notebook (Inspiron 9300) and wanted to create and image with Acronis True Image 8.0. After I created the image, I restarted the notebook and booted it up with the Acronis Boot CD. (? I think that's what it's called) I tried to restore the image to verify that the image works. Unfortunately, as soon as I click on restore, the laptop restarts. I tried it with different Acronis Boot CDs and came up with the same problem. I get the feeling that there is something that Acronis does not support with Dell Notebooks. Please help!

Thanks

dfa_geko

2. iflyprivate

iflyprivate Registered Member

I have successfully done what you are trying to do on several Dell's and also Toshiba notebooks.

Describe your brand, model, op system, etc. and what build of TI8 you have.

Try burning a new rescue CD.

3. dfa_geko

dfa_geko Registered Member

I have TI8 Build 768. I made a new rescue CD and it did the same. I believe it must be some hardware/software conflict.

My Dell notebook is a Inspiron 9300. Do you need specs?

Pentium M 2.0 GHz
    1 GB DDR2 RAM
    60 GB Hard Drive

I will post later what type of network adapter(s) I have. Since this is a new machine for me.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dfa_geko,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please download the latest (826) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download. After that please create Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build and try using it.

If the problem persists please create the sysinfo.txt file in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. dodo

dodo Guest

I have the same problem with a Toshiba M45-S351

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.