Dell Raid "degraded array" Disaster TI Workstation 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by newimage, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newimage

newimage Registered Member

Purchased TI 9 Workstation along with Universal Restore as a backup solution for a Tax client who has a WinXP system. I have been using the product on my own home computers with good success and only minor issues. So I recommended Acronis TI 9 Workstation 9.1 for a backup solution for my clients computer. They have a Dell Precision 670 with a Raid 1 configuration: Adaptec Cerc Sata 2S with Two SATA 150 gig drives. After I installed TI 9 things went to hell. The computer booted fine however when I launched TI 9 the software attempted to analyze the partition and the computer locked up hard. And after about 10 minutes I was greeted with the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). I rebooted the computer and after the reboot the raid array became degraded. After initially contacting Dell thinking I had a bad SATA drive. I decided to Google this "degraded array" issue with TI 9 and low and behold I am not the only one to experience this problem. I subsequently rebuilt the drive using the Raid Storage Manager Software supplied with the Dell and the drive array was returned to "OPTIMAL" after several hours of rebuilding. The client was back in business. Does anyone at Acronis know what is going on here. I uninstalled TI 9 and wanted it off the system right after the problem as this is a mission critial computer.

After rebuilding the drive and getting back to normal and making sure I had a good solid backup not using TI 9 but another application. I reinstalled TI Workstation 9.1 but I experienced the same process all over again. Twice was enough for me. Unless I can get a solution for this problem I will need to request a refund of the product for my client. I am willing to try some things but since others in this forum have had this same issue with the Dell Raid arrays and with no identifiable solution coming to the fore from the posts I have read I am concerned as to whether any solution has been found. One post has stated that TI 9 does not come with the correct drivers for the Adaptec RAID Array. I am not sure if this is correct. But it would seem with Dell and Apatec in the picture that drivers should not be an issue. In any event the Dell system breaks when TI 9 is installed with this RAID 1 Array. It seems I am not the only one. I am using the latest build 3887 of TI 9 as of the writing of this post. Any help!! Thanks, brad

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello newimage,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that we have received few requests from other Acronis customers regarding similar issue.

Please also note that when Acronis True Image runs under Windows it uses the same drivers as Windows does to operate with hard drive/RAID controller.

To provide you with more detailed information on the issue and a solution we would need some additional information from you.

Please perform the action described in this previous post of mine to enable Windows mini-dumps.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.