Dell Poweredge 2900

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pete0026, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete0026

pete0026 Registered Member

I have a new Dell PE 2900 server. I am trying to move my SBS2003 installation over from an old PE2500 to the new server using TIS 9.1 with Universal Restore. When I boot off the recovery CD and start the process it says it will take 8 hours! I'm used to 1 or 2 so I was wondering whether or not the Dell PERC 5/I RAID controller is supported? The image is held on a Lacie 250GB USB2 drive which is connected directly to the PE2900 via one of it's USB2 ports.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pete

2. brucedelta

brucedelta Registered Member

Im my experience PERC controllers seem to take longer to back up a similar amount of data than a plain IDE controller, when using a TI boot disk. For a similar amount of data my gut instinct is that a perc based disk system takes much longer than expected, and therefor the driver is not very efficient. On the other hand the fact that it can handle it is good, so I can wait the extra time.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pete0026,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure that Acronis True Image Bootable CD is create with the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please also be aware that you should also update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers (in case you using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server), Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly. Also it is recommended to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the issue persists with the latest build, please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If not successful, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Please also provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.