Dell PC's. 4 Questions.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hey U, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey U

Hey U Guest

- Can I use True Image 8 Home on a Dell PC ? Any Problems ?

- And I was able to delete my images on my partition. Is this a security risk ?

- Is there a subscription renewal fee after a year's time ?

- And I have to buy a copy for each PC I install it on. Right ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hey U,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

- You may use Acronis True Image on your Dell computer (and any other computer running Windows). You may download free trial version from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/ and ,ake sure you have no problems with it.

- Could you please clarify what images you want to delete and what you mean by "security risk"?

- Again, could you please describe what is "subscription renewal fee"? Once you have purchased the product you may resgister it for free at our site http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/ and will not have to pay any more for this product or its updates. However the upgrades to the newer version (not build) are not free and require any previous version (or at least the serial number from any previous version).

- According to End-User License Agreement you are allowed to install single version of Acronis True Image to not more than a single computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. - I opened my 101 gig partition that I put the TrueImage copy of my c:\ drive.

I then deleted the 2 images that were there. The original and the update. It could be a security risk because it could be maliciously deleted by somebody.
    How did I delete it ? I right clicked them and chose delete. Two shakes of a lambs tail and they were gone.

- Symantec has a renewal fee where after a year's time you have to buy another copy of the their software your using. On NIS anyway.

- How would I get the .iso recovery cd that has "apic" and "acpi" disabled ? I would need two copies for both TrueImage software I would buy, for both my computers. Would I phone Acronis and arrange a email with the link ?

4. teletubby scope

teletubby scope Registered Member

That's 10 gig partition, not 101 gig partition.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TrueImage Q&A's,

- Acronis True Image cannot protect files from being deleted. You may do it using standard means of operating system (make image files read-only for any other accounts except yours for example). However, Acronis True Image does allow you to protect images with the password so that it cannot be explored or restored by unauthorized person.

- Acronis doesn't have any renewal fees. You may contact Acronis Support Team via e-mail support@acronis.com concerning the discounts if you are purchasing several copies at once. If you already have one copy and after a while purchase another one no discounts are offered.

- To get special .iso file you need to register at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/ and then contact Acronis Support Team with the request for the file you need and provide us with the serial number you have registered. You will be sent the link to the file with the version corresponding to your serial number.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If you're really concerned about it, create an Acronis Secure Zone and image into that. The SZ is invisable to other Windows programs/malicious software and can only be accessed via True Image.

In the event you decide to create a SZ I recommend not opting to activate the associated Startup Recovery Manager. If activated it will modify your system drive Master Boot Record (MBR), which can cause problems with certain multi-boot managers (not Acronis OS Selector) and other low-level disk utilities.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.