Dell & Partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Insomnivore, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insomnivore

Insomnivore Registered Member

I created an image of the 60GB HD in Dell 2350 my using TI 8.0 826.

When I explore the image I see 2 partitions, a FAT16 Pri 31MB and an NTFS Pri,Act 55GB.

If I understand right, the smaller partition is for restoration of the OS that came loaded on the system when I bought it.

Question: In attempting to explore the smaller partition, I get the error message "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive." Larger partition is viewable.

I'm not concerned with what info is in the partition, just whether or not it will restore correctly.

Thanks, Mike.

2. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

Hi. I have a dell too. I used build 826 to clone my drive and to create image of it. When you do click on the box that does the whole disk not just the patitions. Then when you restore images you get the hiddin partitions along with c. Mine works right but Im a fraid of build 859. Use the earlier builds I can vouch for 800 and 826 on my dell. I think your little partition is a diagnostic partition and not a restore one.

3. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

Oh sorry. You cant view or anything the hidden partitions you always get an error telling you you cant.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Insomnivore,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please send the screenshot of the latest window of the Explore Image wizard (with the summary of the operation) to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread and indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Irina Shirokova.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.