Dell Optiplex GX620 - Snap Deploy v3

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by digbyp, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digbyp

digbyp Registered Member

Acronis Snap Deploy v3 - Workstations

Although there have been a few teething issues, everything has been working fine, until the arrival of new Dell PC - the Optiplex GX620.

Across the network, this will just hang when one tries to deploy. It gets all the menu screens up to the last one ready to go to Management Console to deploy. At this point the PC hangs. This is with the boot cd supplied by Acronis running under the Linux os.

I seem to have improved the situation by turning of 'core' in performance and using Legacy for Drives. Now, I get to the final screen and no hang. So, I go to Management Console and deploy. The PC screen changes from showing IP address etc and moves on to showing the .tib being deployed. However, nothing more happnes. But, the PC is not hanging. As from the Management Console, I can choose to cancel after 30 minutes of nothing and the PC then re-starts.

Any ideas?

2. mctech

mctech Registered Member

not with a dell but a hp compaq 2400, I have the same issue. Try it in unicast instead of multicast. this works for me but is very slow. 13 computer took over 2 hrs

3. digbyp

digbyp Registered Member

Changing from multicast to unicast did work. Experienced same situation. Took a lot longer and put a strain on the network.

Have passed the info to Acronis Support and hopefully they will now be able to resolve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.