Dell Optiplex 745 NIC Card

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bradford68, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradford68

bradford68 Registered Member

We are using Acronis Snap Deployment 2.0 Build 2064. We were able to image Dell Optiplex GX620's with no problem booting from the system with the acronis boot cd it networked with the other system just fine. We got some new systems from dell the Dell Optiplex 745 and now the boot cd will not network with the other system like it did fine with the 620's. We called Dell on this problem and they stated that it was a net driver problem with the Acronis boot cd, stating that the GX620 systems use Broadcom netxtreme 5751 and the 745's use 5754. This is were we are at this point any ideas would be appreciated thanks..

2. bradley4681

bradley4681 Registered Member

I'm having the same issue with the same hardware. i think the boot cd doesn't have driver support for the new cards but i'm not sure how to update the drivers.

3. Ryan Medernach

Ryan Medernach Registered Member

Has anyone been updated on this yet ? I am currently having the same problem.

Thanks

4. OasisIL

OasisIL Registered Member

There is a newer version of the snap deploy that you can download/request from Acronis support that recognise the GX745 networkcard

5. emtownsend

emtownsend Registered Member

I have the new version and am using a new Dell Optiplex 740. I cannot get the PXE portion to work nor can I get a boot disc to reach the Snap Deploy console. Basically, I cannot get any work done...
    PXE times out after the IP address is given out and with the bootable CD, I get the "please wait" forever...

6. ironspider

ironspider Registered Member

I have just about no doubt that the latest version of snap deploy does NOT support the GX745 NIC

When you PXE boot it it finds the PXE server but then you get that little screen that says "press OK within 5 seconds to configure the installer". if you do go into that you get two sections. The first allows you to specify the server address if you choose (no need to really since the thing recognized the PXE server) and the section section has the "Network Adapters" icon but there are no options underneath it--to me this suggests that you *could* configure a network adapter but since nothing shows up under that heading (there is no little "+" sign that you can expand) it's not recognizing the ethernet adapter.

I verified this yesterday by trying to connect to the PXE server with an Optiplex GX110 (about 6 years old) and a GX620 (about 1.5 years old) and both connected without issue.

Seriously, I have 2 brand new labs full of machines and can't do anything because of this. Does anyone have a workaround? Acronis are you reading htis--we need help :) !

7. fornar

fornar Registered Member

Has anyone had any more success with using Snap Deploy with the Dell Optiplex 745?

L'm in the same boat as ironspider. Works on other hardware i have which is older.

L've tried the boot disk created with True Image 9.1 and it does detect the NIC in the Dell Optiplex 745.:thumb:

8. ironspider

ironspider Registered Member

You have to get in touch with Acronis support directly.

They finally provided me with a copy of build 2115 which I don't think is even available for download yet.

It was further complicated by the software making a couple of corrupt images as well because I think I was using the non 2115 master image creator but the 2115 OS deploy console.

It was a big mess and I still think the software is kind of flakey (like after a build now Windows security center doesn't think I have anti-virus software installed even though I do so I had to set that to "do not monitor") but at least I am finally making cloned images work.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I only got my first successful build YESTEDAY! I've been dealing with thim since I posted that message above.

At least their support team worked with me on it and I got at least one update or new thing to try every single day.

Bottom line: if version 2115 isn't available for download yet get with support directly so they can get you that version--or you're just going to be S.O.L.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.